The Community Development Department works to secure Bellevue's present and future as a livable, inspiring, vibrant and equitable community. Community Development accomplishes this through three divisions – Planning, Neighborhood Services and the Cultural and Economic Development Office.
Current department initiatives include:
- Updating the city's Comprehensive Plan for Bellevue 2044 (including work on House Bill 1110 and middle housing) and Wilburton Vision
- Advancing the Environmental Stewardship Initiative
- Implementation of the city’s comprehensive affordable housing strategy
- Strengthening BelRed's art district and workforce development program
- Provide assistance for Bellevue's community to connect with city and community services at Bellevue's Mini City Hall
- Providing new ways to Keep Bellevue Beautiful and litter free!
With long-term, comprehensive planning, we support improvements to the natural, built and social environments in Bellevue, making life and work better for residents, employers, employees and visitors.
Bellevue is a vibrant and inclusive global innovation hub fueled by a highly educated, entrepreneurial and diverse workforce. We build a foundation for broad-based community prosperity and creative learning in Bellevue by supporting innovation and growth among artists, entrepreneurs and businesses.
Bellevue is a city of distinct and diverse neighborhoods that provide a high quality of life for everyone here. We are responsive to emerging neighborhood concerns, connect residents to city services and collaborate with residents to build up Bellevue’s community, actively participate in civic life and create great places to live.
We are stewards of Bellevue's community vision. Together, we take action to create and sustain positive change, practice transparency in all of our work and build strong relationships to form an active, informed and resilient community.