Bellevue's Environmental Stewardship Initiative is the city's sustainability program, which oversees a range of actions designed to help the city achieve its environmental goals.
- Tree Code Update: Learn about opportunities to share your voice in the tree code update effort, launched at the end of 2022.
- Energy Smart Eastside Heat Pump Campaign: Register for a webinar and learn how you can save money on energy bills and have cooling for hot summer days.
- Air Quality and Land Use Planning Report: Check out our latest report looking at the impact of air quality on development near freeways.
The city tracks progress on implementing the Sustainable Bellevue Plan and on progress toward achieving the city's environmental goals. The ESI Performance Dashboard tracks progress on the Sustainable Bellevue Plan goals and targets. The dashboard has recently been updated with 2021 performance data. The Sustainable Bellevue Plan Implementation Tracker includes progress updates on the 78 actions in the plan.
Updates to the Bellevue City Council on Progress
The presentation materials, agenda, minutes, and videos from previous Council presentations on the Environmental Stewardship Initiative can be found below:
- March 6, 2023 Environmental Stewardship Initiative Quarterly Update: 2022 Accomplishments and 2023 Workplan
- December 5, 2022 Eastside Climate Partnership Interlocal Agreement
- November 28, 2022 Environmental Stewardship Quarterly Update (written update)
- October 24, 2022 Environmental Stewardship Proposed Operating and Capital Budget
- July 18, 2022 Environmental Stewardship Quarterly Update and 2021 Progress Reporting
- April 25, 2022 Environmental Stewardship Quarterly Update
- February 7, 2022 Environmental Stewardship Quarterly Update and 2022 Workplan
- October 18, 2021 Environmental Stewardship Quarterly Update
- July 19, 2021 Environmental Stewardship Quarterly Update and 2020 Environmental Performance Report
- March 22, 2021 Environmental Stewardship Quarterly Update and 2021 Workplan
For presentations to Council on the Environmental Stewardship Plan update and adoption, go to: 2021-2025 Environmental Stewardship Plan | City of Bellevue (bellevuewa.gov)
Sustainable Bellevue Plan Community Engagement and Updates
The Environmental Stewardship Team strives to host two community townhalls per year, to engage the community on the implementation of the Sustainable Bellevue Plan and to provide updates on plan implementation progress.
The presentations from these townhall meetings are linked below.
March 29, 2023 Sustainable Bellevue Townhall
July 14, 2022 Sustainable Bellevue Townhall and Comprehensive Plan Periodic Update Sustainability Deep Dive
February 2, 2022 Sustainable Bellevue Community Townhall