In 2009, in anticipation of East Link light rail, the City Council adopted a new subarea plan and land use code for the BelRed area. The plan anticipated the transformation of the former industrial area into a series of vibrant urban villages with abundant new green space, businesses and homes.
Now, almost a decade later and with construction well underway on East Link and the Spring District, the city is reviewing the plan and land use code to determine if they are meeting their desired outcomes.
This project will review the effectiveness of the existing BelRed Subarea Plan and Land Use Code, and adopt changes as necessary. A scope of work will be recommended to City Council prior to formal launch of the project.
Progress to Date
|Date||Meeting, Event, or Action Taken||Links|
Topic: BelRed - Major Projects
|1/22/18||City Council - Study Session
Topic: Initial Briefing and Q&A
Project Status and Timeline
This project is just getting underway. Staff anticipates recommending a formal scope of work to City Council prior to formal launch of the project.
|Project Phase||Approximate Date|
|Scoping||To be finalized prior to project launch.|
|Feasibility Studies||Not applicable|
|Land Use Code||TBD|
|Monitoring & Control||Ongoing after adoption|
Transportation Planning and Projects
- East Link (Sound Transit)
- East Link - Virtual Engagement Booth (Sound Transit)
- Wilburton Station (Sound Transit)
- Spring District/120th Station (Sound Transit)
- BelRed/130th Station (Sound Transit)
Rapid Ride Expansion
- Access Bellevue
- NE Spring Blvd
- 120th Avenue NE Corridor
- 124th Avenue NE Corridor
- 130th Avenue NE Corridor
- Major Projects List – BelRed
- Building Bellevue
- Spring District (Wright-Runstad)
- Facebook (Seattle Times)
- Sound Transit’s Operations Maintenance Facility East (Sound Transit)
- Global Innovation Exchange GIX (UW-Tsinghua University)