Development Services offers one-stop permit shopping for land and building development in Bellevue and the surrounding service areas. We review plans, inspect projects and investigate code violations. These services ensure that projects are safe and aligned with federal, state and city codes.
Construction During COVID-19
Under Phase 2 of Gov. Jay Inslee's Safe Start re-opening plan, all construction is allowed, including new construction. To ensure that city employees can safely perform inspections of construction projects, all construction sites will be required to comply with the safety and health requirements outlined in the governor’s Phase 2 Construction COVID-19 Site Requirements. In addition the city has published Inspection Expectations During COVID-19 regarding site safety measures during inspections.
Explore our Site
Use the menu items on the left to navigate through our website and view the services we offer, or follow one of these popular shortcuts.
- Tree Removal and Retention - Bellevue is committed to preserving our city in a park. Here is everything you need to know about cutting down trees.
- Permit FAQs - Wondering how to get started in the permitting process? Get all the answers and links to resources.
- Zoning Requirements - An overview and FAQs to help you navigate the zoning requirements in Bellevue’s land use code.
- Code Compliance - Learn how our code compliance team works toward voluntary compliance with city codes and ordinances. Use our city portal to report code violations.
- Code Amendments - Information about proposed and recently adopted amendments to the city code.
- Bellevue Map Viewer - Access a variety of interactive map layers for parks and trails, wetlands, property information and more.
- Residential Building Permits - Learn what is required to build a new house, add a room or remodel your kitchen.
- Building and Fire Codes - Policy interpretations, building tip sheets, and information on building and construction codes, including electrical, mechanical and plumbing codes.