Bellevue Parks & Community Services maintains over 2,700 acres of parks and open space land and over 80 miles of trails. The department also provides recreation programs for over 10,000 participants each year. Parks & Community Services at a glance
Parks and Facilities Updates
- Beach Closure 6/23/2022: Meydenbauer Bay Beach Park will be closed due to high bacteria count. The swim area is closed, effective immediately. Meydenbauer will be re-tested next week and we will post updates once we have results. The earliest the beach may open is next Friday, July 1.
- View the current Beach Lifeguard Schedule
- A portion of the Clyde Beach Park parking lot will be closed for accessibility enhancements beginning Monday, June 6. This project is anticipated to take up to one month. No accessible parking will be available at Clyde Beach Park during this project.
- Restroom closures in spring 2022 (subject to change without notice)
- Visitors and participants are no longer required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or an approved negative test in order to enter indoor community facilities. Facilities are open for operation, and pre-registration is no longer required for most drop-in programs. Beginning Saturday, March 12, face coverings are no longer required when visiting indoor community facilities. Please respect people’s choices to continue to wear a mask when in our facilities. Visit our community centers’ individual webpages for updated schedules of operation and programming information.
Parks & Community Services eNews
Be among the first to learn about programs, activities and things to do in Bellevue's parks. Our monthly e-newsletter is your source for up-to-date information on Bellevue Parks & Community Services. Sign up
Register for recreation programs
Bellevue Parks & Community Services offers more value, more variety and more fun with our enriching and educational recreation programs for people of all ages and abilities. Join a youth sports league, get creative after school, take up a martial art, enhance your body and mind with yoga, sign up for swimming lessons or find adaptive programs for youth and adults with disabilities. Our programs offer you the opportunity to stay fit and active. Learn more
To build a healthy community through an integrated system of exceptional parks, natural areas, recreation, arts and culture and a broad base of community services.
In Bellevue everyone can connect to each other and to nature through experiences that help them to live, grow and thrive.
Equity: A System of Fairness
Equity acknowledges and removes disparities in opportunities, power and resources, so everyone can reach their full potential. Bellevue Parks & Community Services practices equity, which is the responsibility of every individual in the department. Equitable access is a right, not a privilege, and is fundamental to our mission of serving all people. Through equitable policies and practices, we cultivate ties that connect people to the fabric of our community.
Parks Advisory Bodies