The Fleet & Communications Division provides management and oversight of the city's fleet and equipment used by city departments to provide services to the community. We have an ASE certified state of the art facility equipped to handle the diverse fleet of vehicles and equipment utilized by the city's Fire, Police, Utilities, Parks, Transportation, and Development Services Departments. Our services include:
- Maintenance and repair of city vehicles and equipment
- Procurement as well as specification development of city vehicles and equipment
- Remarketing of surplus vehicles and equipment
- Parts inventory for city vehicles and equipment
- City motor pool management
- Management of the city's 11 fuel stations
- Management of the city's radio communication infrastructure
Green Fleet Technology and Green Fuels
Currently the City of Bellevue is using B20 Bio-Diesel in all of the fleet applications other than emergency response vehicles. This is in an effort to comply with upcoming state legislation SB 5099 as well as to maintain sustainable green fleet practices. The city also owns 127 electric hybrid vehicles, 3 Chevy Volt electric vehicles, and has installed idle reduction technology to reduce fuel consumption in specified vehicles.
Remarketing Surplus Vehicles & Equipment
We use on-line auction services to sell city-owned surplus vehicles and equipment to the general public. All of the funds generated are redistributed back into the general and enterprise replacement funds. We provide a full maintenance history report and photos on-line so potential bidders can make informed decisions when participating in our auctions.
Sales Reps and Vendors may call 425-452-2037 for all inquiries.
Fleet & Communications Careers
The Fleet and Communications Division offers a wide range of employment opportunities for people seeking a career in public service. We offer a robust benefits package, competitive wages, a modern state-of-the-art work environment and an opportunity to work in a rewarding, exciting and ever growing profession with great people.
Career opportunities include:
- Maintenance and repair on a diverse fleet of vehicles and equipment
- Spec'ing, purchasing and subsequent remarketing of city vehicles and equipment
- Managerial, administrative, warranty and risk management positions
- Managing and maintaining parts inventories for the maintenance and repair of city vehicles and equipment
- Managing fuel services and related fuel sites
- Providing radio equipment maintenance and services
- Providing regional communication services and support
- Managing the support of local and regional emergency services
For current job opportunities please go to our job postings.
Recognition for High Performance
- City of Bellevue's fleet was named #2 in North America among fleets of all sizes (2017).
- City of Bellevue's fleet was named #1 in North America in the mid-sized fleet category (2016).
- City of Bellevue's fleet counted among the top 20 public sector fleets in the nation and ranked #1 in the mid-sized fleet category (2016).
- City of Bellevue's fleet recognized as #7 of the 100 Best Fleets in North America (2016).
- ASE Blue Seal Certified Shop with over 75% of our technicians and parts professionals ASE certified.