Regional Animal Services of King County provides animal control, animal shelter and pet licensing services to Bellevue, along with many neighboring cities and unincorporated King County.
Besides being the law, a pet license offers many benefits including:
- The first time your pet is found, King County will attempt to skip the shelter and bring your pet home
- Licensed pets have a longer stray hold at the shelter
- The Vacation Pet Alert program allows you to provide contact information for your pets Care while you are away from home
- Pet license fees help thousands of homeless animals in King County find new families each year and pay for services such as spay/neuter programs
Note: Owners who fail to license their pets will face fines -- $125 for a spayed or neutered pet; $250 for an unaltered pet.
License Renewal Reminders
The City of Bellevue has an automatic calling system to remind pet license holders to renew. Around the third week of each month, calls go out with a recorded message, including information on where licenses may be renewed.
How to Purchase or Renew Your Pet LicenseYou can buy a license online via Regional Animal Services of King County. Or visit one of several Bellevue walk-in locations.
- City Hall, 450 110th Ave. NE
- Mini-City Hall, 15600 NE Eighth St.
- Aerowood Animal Hospital, 2975 156th Ave. SE
- All QFCs
|Juvenile||Under 6 months of age; 6 months expiration||$15|
|Unaltered||Includes $25 voucher or savings on spay/neuter||$60|
|Senior||Proof that pet is altered and proof that owner is 65 years of age or older is required||$15|
|Service Animal||Statement that owner has disability and animal is a service animal||$0|
|Replacement License Tags||If your pet loses his license tag during the license year||$5|