Building and improving roads, sidewalks, bike lanes, traffic signals and other elements of Bellevue's transportation system is an important part of our work.
To help you navigate the various projects, our Projects in Your Neighborhood interactive map shows locations and provides at-a-glance information.
Different types of transportation projects are broken into these broad categories:
- Capital Projects include major projects that are in design or construction.
- The East Link Light Rail web pages contain in-depth information about Sound Transit's project, much of which runs through Bellevue.
- In the BelRed Improvements webpages, learn about transportation projects that will improve access, circulation and mobility between the Downtown Bellevue, Wilburton, BelRed areas, and regionwide.
- Transportation Levy Projects focus on the Neighborhood Safety, Connectivity and Congestion, approved by voters in 2016.
- Neighborhood projects listed generally are smaller projects that cost less than $1 million.
The real-time traffic map and cameras, along with regularly updated Traffic advisories, alert motorists of traffic impacts and helps you the find the best route around construction zones. The Transportation Department's Twitter page, @BvueTrans, provides additional transportation information.