The Transportation Commission advises the City Council on transportation-related issues. Members are responsible for studies, analyses and reports required by the Traffic Standards Code, or requested by the City Council.
Commissioners review and make recommendations to the Council on topics such as:
- Transportation Facilities Plan (preparation, progress, implementation)
- Changes to the Traffic Standard Code
- Long- and short-range funding programs for transportation facilities
- Short-term planning studies and implementation programs
- Bikeway/pedestrian planning and implementation programs
- Capital Investment Program and Transportation Improvement Program project prioritization
- Long-range planning, including work with the Planning Commission, to amend the Comprehensive Plan and subarea plans.
The current City Council liaison to the Transportation Commission is Councilmember Conrad Lee. The Executive Secretary is Kevin McDonald, a principal planner in the Transportation Department.
Regular meetings are held on the second Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m., City Hall Conference Room 1E-113, unless otherwise posted. An additional monthly meeting may be needed if the commission's workload warrants, in which case it will be held on the fourth Thursday of the month.
The Transportation Commission is comprised of seven Bellevue residents who are appointed by the mayor with the concurrence of the City Council. The terms are four years and expire May 31 of the last year of the term. No one can serve more than two consecutive terms, provided a person appointed to fill an unexpired term of two years or less is eligible to serve two successive four-year terms.
- Lei Wu, Chair (first term ends 2020)
- Khek Teh, Vice Chair (first term ends 2021)
- Vic Bishop (second term ends 2020)
- Lisa Leitner (first term ends 2023)
- Loreana Marciante (first term ends 2021)
- Albert Ting (first term ends 2023)
- Position currently vacant