The Transportation Commission advises the City Council on transportation-related issues. Members are responsible for studies, analyses and reports required by the Traffic Standards Code, or requested by the City Council.
Commissioners review and make recommendations to the Council on topics such as:
- Transportation Facilities Plan (preparation, progress, implementation)
- Changes to the Traffic Standard Code
- Long- and short-range funding programs for transportation facilities
- Short-term planning studies and implementation programs
- Bikeway/pedestrian planning and implementation programs
- Capital Investment Program and Transportation Improvement Program project prioritization
- Long-range planning, including work with the Planning Commission, to amend the Comprehensive Plan and subarea plans.
The current City Council liaison to the Transportation Commission is Councilmember Jennifer Robertson. The Executive Secretary is Kevin McDonald, a principal planner in the Transportation Department.
Meetings: Virtual or In-person
Regular meetings are scheduled for the second Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Due to COVID-19 precautions, meetings are being held virtually until further notice. For details on how to access virtual meetings, check the Transportation Commission meeting agenda for the specific meeting you wish to attend. An additional monthly meeting may be needed if the commission's workload warrants, in which case it will be held on the fourth Thursday of the month. In-person meetings (once they resume) are held in City Hall Conference Room 1E-113.
The Transportation Commission is comprised of seven Bellevue residents who are appointed by the mayor with the concurrence of the City Council. The terms are four years and expire May 31 of the last year of the term. No one can serve more than two consecutive terms, provided a person appointed to fill an unexpired term of two years or less is eligible to serve two successive four-year terms.
- Loreana Marciante, Chair (first term ends 2021)
- Karen Stash, Vice-Chair (first term ends 2023)
- Christina Beason, (first term ends 2024)
- Matthew Klutznick, (first term ends 2024)
- Khek Teh, (first term ends 2021)
- Albert Ting (first term ends 2023)