Last updated: January 17, 2020
Check the Traffic Advisories map and text below for the latest information about construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks, and trails. This page is regularly updated. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the orange and red shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
New and updated traffic impacts are listed first. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers.
- NE 10th Street -- Eastbound curb lane closed between 109th and 110th Ave. NE: Closure needed to do sidewalk work and replace 2 accessible ramps. Work expected to start on 1/13 and lasts approximately 2.5 weeks; work hours are 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. weekdays.
East Link Light Rail construction
Please go to the East Link News webpage for additional ongoing construction impacts. Subscribe to receive construction updates from Sound Transit. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signed detours to safely access your destination.
South Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- No new updates as of 1/17
Central Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- No new updates as of 1/17
North Bellevue (BelRed) [Ongoing impacts]
- 136th Place NE from NE Spring Blvd to NE 20th Street closed nightly: Mon, 12/16/19 - Fri. 2/28/20, 8 pm -6 am. Closure needed to install track walls.
- 136th Place NE and NE 20th Street intersection, traffic shift to westbound lanes on NE 20th Street: Ongoing through mid-Jan. 2020. The shift is needed to complete intersection work.
- Two-way traffic on 136th Place NE: Ongoing (with exception of closure noted above). Access to businesses on the west side of 136th Pl NE will be from NE 20th St. Access to businesses on the west side of 136th Place NE will be from NE Spring Blvd. U-turns are permitted at the intersection of 136th Pl NE and NE Spring Blvd. Pedestrian and vehicle crossings 136th Pl NE are prohibited; however, sidewalk/pedestrian paths will be maintained.
- NE Spring Blvd - westbound lane closure between 136th Place NE and 137th Place NE: Ongoing. Local and business driveway access maintained on NE Spring Blvd.
Ongoing general construction impacts
- Cherry Crest Pump Station: Ongoing, 7 am – 4 pm, Mon - Fri. Watch for detours and road closures.
- 127th Ave NE from NE 24th to NE 29th
- NE 29th St from 127th Ave to 126th Ave
- 126th Ave NE from NE 29th to NE 30th
- 98th Ave NE between 34th Ave NE & 32nd Ave NE -- 1/9 - 17, 7 am – 3:30 pm, Mon – Fri. AC Watermain Replacement Project. Traffic control will be set up with flaggers.
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail: Ongoing. Early traffic impacts will include a temporary lower speed limit (25 mph) and narrower lanes on SE 36th St from Factoria Blvd to 132nd Ave SE. The off-ramp from EB I-90 to Factoria Blvd/Richards Rd nightly from 9 pm to 5 am. Hours will vary and construction schedules are subject to change. Project webpage
- 177th Ave NE and NE 16th St: Ongoing. Mon - Fri, 9 am to 3:30 pm, with the exception of Wed (no work). Bellevue Utilities Department contractors will be making repairs to critical storm drains. Please anticipate some delays. A portion of the sidewalk along NE 16th St will be closed for access. Project map
- SE 35th Pl/SE 34th St, from 163rd Pl SE to 164th Pl SE; and SE Eastgate Way, 161st Ave to SE 35th Pl: Ongoing. Pedestrians and bicyclists will be detoured at times. Detour map. The work is part of King County's Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project. Project website
Highway Traffic Information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: