Last updated: December 6, 2019
Check the Traffic Advisories map and text below for the latest information about construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks, and trails. (Note: For information on road closures related to ice, snow or flooding, please see the city’s Emergencies and Extreme Weather page).
Click on the orange and red shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
New and updated traffic impacts are listed first. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers.
- Cherry Crest Pump Station: Ongoing, 7 am – 4 pm, Mon - Fri. Watch for detours and road closures.
- 127th Ave NE from NE 24th to NE 29th
- NE 29th St from 127th Ave to 126th Ave
- 126th Ave NE from NE 29th to NE 30th
East Link Light Rail construction
Please go to the East Link News webpage for additional ongoing construction impacts. Subscribe to receive construction updates from Sound Transit. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signed detours to safely access your destination.
South Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- No new updates as of 12/2.
Central Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- 110th Ave NE between NE 4th and NE 6th streets (by City Hall): The northern portion of 110th Ave NE from the driveway to City Hall to NE 6th Street is open. The northbound curb lane will be closed so that work on the north tunnel portal and Bellevue Downtown Station can continue.
North Bellevue (BelRed) [Ongoing impacts]
- Traffic switch to outer lanes of NE 20th Street at the intersection with 136th Place NE Fri, 11/22 - Fri, 12/13. Closure needed to complete the build-out of the intersection. Lane reduction continues on NE 20th St. View map
- Two-way traffic on 136th Place NE: Fri, 11/22 - ongoing. Access to businesses on the west side of 136th Pl NE will be from NE 20th St. Access to businesses on the west side of 136th Place NE will be from NE Spring Blvd. U-turns are permitted at the intersection of 136th Pl NE and NE Spring Blvd. Pedestrian and vehicle crossings 136th Pl NE are prohibited; however, sidewalk/pedestrian paths will be maintained. View map
- Traffic and access after NE Spring Blvd. weekend closure: Mon, 11/25 through Mon. 12/9: Access to 136th Place NE and NE Spring Blvd will be maintained from 134th Ave NE and NE 20th Street.
- Changes to traffic and access to 136th PL NE and NE Spring Blvd, Mon, 12/9 through the end of 2019: Crews will be working at the intersection of 134th Ave NE and NE Spring Blvd, local access will be maintained on 134th Ave NE. All access to 136th Pl NE and NE Spring Blvd will be from NE 20th St.
- NE 24th Street between NE 29th Place and 14401 NE 24th St: Mon, 12/2 - Fri, 12/6, 10 pm to 6 am. Full road closure. No bicycle or pedestrian access. Closure needed for work on the aerial guideway.
- NE Spring Blvd - westbound lane closure between 136th Place NE and 137th Place NE: Ongoing. Local and business driveway access maintained on NE Spring. Construction alert
Ongoing general construction impacts
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail: Ongoing. Early traffic impacts will include a temporary lower speed limit (25 mph) and narrower lanes on SE 36th St from Factoria Blvd to 132nd Ave SE. The off-ramp from EB I-90 to Factoria Blvd/Richards Rd nightly from 9 pm to 5 am. Hours will vary and construction schedules are subject to change. Project webpage
- 177th Ave NE and NE 16th St: Ongoing. Mon - Fri, 9 am to 3:30 pm, with the exception of Wed (no work). Bellevue Utilities Department contractors will be making repairs to critical storm drains. Please anticipate some delays. A portion of the sidewalk along NE 16th St will be closed for access. Project map
- NE 12th Street and 116th Ave NE: Ongoing. October – December: Lane closures to complete utility adjustments, landscaping, sidewalks, and signals.
- 124th Ave NE from NE 12th St/Bel-Red Road to Northup Way: Full road closure ongoing through June 2020. During that time access to businesses will be maintained from each end of the closure. Detour routes will be on 120th, 130th, and 132nd avenues northeast; the truck detour will be on 120th Avenue Northeast. Construction Alert Project webpage
- SE 35th Pl/SE 34th St, from 163rd Pl SE to 164th Pl SE; and SE Eastgate Way, 161st Ave to SE 35th Pl: Pedestrians and bicyclists will be detoured at times. Detour map. The work is part of King County's Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project. Project website
Highway Traffic Information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: