Last updated: May 27, 2022
The following traffic advisories reflect current conditions as they are known. The listings below reflect construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks and trails. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. Construction schedules are subject to change and often do.
This page is typically updated each Thursday. New information is noted by the word "New" and "Updated" in each category. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the different-colored shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
Current construction impacts
- NEW -- NE 8th Street between 106th and 108th Avenues NE, and 106th Avenue NE between NE 6th and 8th Streets: Eastbound lane closures on NE 8th St between 106th and 108th avenues NE, and closure of northbound and southbound 106th Ave NE between NE 6th and NE 8th streets, June 1 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., to stage concrete pumps. Local business access maintained to/from the south of the closure limits on 106th Ave NE. No through access will be provided for either closure. Pedestrian access maintained along the west sidewalk of 106th Ave NE and south sidewalk of NE 8th St. Cicylists follow vehicular or pedestrian detour. Police officers will assist motorists and pedestrians through the work zone.
- NEW -- SE 46th Way between 150th Place SE and 164th Avenue SE: Intermittent one-lane closures beginning May 24 through September for installation of new ADA compliant ramps. Approved work hours, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Flaggers will assist motorists, pedestrians and cyclists through work zone. Temporary sidewalk detours will be in effect while ramps are under construction.
- Eastgate ADA Curb Ramp Replacements: Intermittent lane closures at multiple intersections May 16 through mid-June, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., depending on weather. Crews will grind down, repave and restripe the roadways as part of a project to replace 40 existing curb ramps in the Eastgate neighborhood with ADA compliant ramps. Flaggers will assist motorists and pedestrians through work zone.
- 167th Avenue SE at SE 46th Street: Traffic control adjusted and will not impact school drop-off/pick-up times and walking routes.
- 165th Avenue SE and 167th Avenue SE
- 160th Avenue SE at SE 45th Place
- 150th Avenue SE between SE 43rd Street and 54th Place
- SE 45th Court at 162nd Way SE
- SE Allen Road
- 100th Avenue NE between NE 8th and 13th Streets: Directional closures April 25 through June 24, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for new water main installation. Flaggers and police officers (officers near intersection of NE 8th St only) on site.
- Multiple intersections on Forest Drive between Somerset Drive and 152nd Avenue SE: Construction between May-August 2022 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. Expect traffic shifts and intermittent one-lane closures. Installation of new flashing beacons, signage, ramps, crosswalk (152nd Ave SE only), with paving in late summer. Pedestrian access maintained.
- 124th Avenue NE between NE 12th Street/Bel-Red Road and NE Spring Boulevard. More information on project webpage.
- NE 12th Street/Bel-Red Road and 124th Avenue NE: Lane closures and lane shifts from May 23 to June 17 for underground utility installation. Delays expected, plan ahead. Flaggers and police officers will assist motorists and pedestrians through the work zone.
- 124th Avenue NE between NE 12th Street/Bel-Red Road and NE Spring Boulevard: Lane closures May 2 through the end of May from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for utility trenching. Flaggers and police officers will assist motorists and pedestrians through work zone.
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail: SE 36th Street from 132nd Avenue SE to 142nd Place SE:
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail is currently closed for construction from the mid-block crossing at 13451 SE 36th St to 142nd Pl SE. Pedestrians and bicyclists detour to SE 36th St or the sidewalk on the south side of the road. Please be mindful of closure signs.
- Construction of the continuation of the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail through Spring 2022. Expect intermittent lane closures within project area. Approved work hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Project webpage.
- Pikes Peak Reservoir Replacement – 122XX-123XX block of NE 39th Street: Expect intermittent lane closures through September 2022 for construction of a new water reservoir and underground utilities. Approved work hours, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bridle Trails Park access and trails will be maintained during construction. Project webpage.
Pavement Preservation Program
Paving season is typically from April to October. Flaggers will be on site for traffic control and pFor more information about the paving program, including weekly updates, go to the Pavement Preservation Program webpage.
East Link Light Rail construction
- SR 520 between NE 40th Street and 148th Avenue NE:
Sound Transit continues to install a pair of pedestrian bridges over the roadway. The work is part of Sound Transit’s Downtown Redmond Light Rail extension.
Other agency projects
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-90 - Eastgate to SR 900 - Corridor Improvements: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: Renton to Bellevue I-405 Widening and Express Toll Lane Project: More information on project webpage. View detour map.
- UPDATED -- Main Street between 112th Avenue and 116th Avenue NE: Prior to Main Street Bridge demolition, as early as the week of June 13, Main St will close for up to 5 months while crews demolish the existing bridge then build a new bridge. Expect increased congestion in the area. Signs will direct travelers to nearby detours.
- UPDATED -- I-405 between NE 4th Street and SE 8th Street: Full weekend closure to safely demolish the Main Street Bridge. Highway closure is scheduled from 11 p.m. Friday, June 17, and 4:30 a.m. Monday, June 20, depending on weather and other factors.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 513 Montlake Bridge: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 and 148th Avenue NE at Overlake Village area in Redmond: More information on project webpage.
- WSDOT has shifted lanes on 148th Ave NE west to begin tunnel excavation on the east side of the road. By summer of 2023, access to nearby businesses, neighborhoods and the new light rail station will improve with the addition of a new access ramp. Plan additional travel time due to a lowered speed limit of 30 mph and temporary signals.
- King County's Valley Creek Sewer Pipe Rehabilitation: More information on project webpage.
- King County's Eastrail: Washington State Department of Transportation, in partnership with King County Parks, is overseeing construction of 2.5 miles of new paved Eastrail in Renton and Bellevue. Visit WSDOT's project webpage for more details.
- King County North Mercer Island/Enatai Sewer Upgrade Project: Starting as early as May 16, crews will locate utilities in north Mercer Island and southwest Bellevue to prepare for major construction activities beginning later this Spring and extend until 2025. More information on project webpage.
- Sweyolocken Boat Launch: Beginning in June, road closed from Bellevue Way SE to the Sweyolocken Boat Launch. The area south of the Sweyolocken Pump Station will be closed as well. The I-90 Trail will be closed to the east and southwest of the pump station during construction. Detours for trail traffic will be alongside streets near the South Bellevue Park & Ride to the I-90 Bike Trail near 108th Ave SE.
- Sign up for Enatai project area email and text updates from King County on project webpage.
- King County Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project: King County Wastewater Treatment Division is upgrading its regional sewer line that serves Bellevue and Newcastle. More details on project website.
- King County Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project: More details on project webpage.
- King County Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project: More details on project website.
Highway traffic information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: