Last updated: Dec. 2
The following traffic advisories reflect current conditions as they are known. The listings below reflect construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks and trails (note: excludes individual lane closures or lane and sidewalk closures associated with development projects). Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. Construction schedules are subject to change and often do.
This page is typically updated each Thursday. New information is noted by the word "New" and "Updated" in each category. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the different-colored shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
- Bellevue Way NE from NE 4th to 8th Streets, 6:30-7:45 p.m.
- NE 6th Street from 105th Avenue NE to Bellevue Way NE, 6-7:45 p.m.
During the closures on Bellevue Way, visitors to the Bellevue Arts Museum may park in the underground parking at both Lincoln Square North (Westin Hotel) and Lincoln Square South (W Hotel). Both garages are accessible from 105th Avenue NE.
Please walk, roll, drive, and take transit this holiday season and allow extra travel time to reach your destination safely. In the downtown area, watch for pedestrians in crosswalks and driveways, especially near construction zones.
Also, consider using other modes of transportation when heading downtown. Information about transportation options is available at ChooseYourWayBellevue.org.
SE Eastgate Way and 142nd Place SE bridge: WSDOT has closed the 142nd Pl SE bridge to northbound traffic until further notice due to damage sustained when an excavator hit the bridge. More information on the WSDOT project webpage.
Current construction impacts
- NEW -- NE 14th Terrace between 122nd and 123rd Avenues NE: Full road closure Dec. 1-2, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Parking garage access maintained.
- Westbound NE Spring Boulevard between 121st and 124th Avenues NE: One lane open in each direction on the south side of NE Spring Boulevard, Dec. 2-4, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Pedestrian access maintained on the south side of NE Spring Boulevard. Bicyclists will follow vehicular detour or pedestrian route.
Ongoing construction impacts
- 124th Avenue NE between NE 12th Street and NE Spring Boulevard: Southbound and northbound 124th Avenue NE will be closed one direction at a time beginning Nov. 29-Jan. 13, 2023, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Northbound closure Nov. 29-Dec. 7, detour map. Southbound closure Dec. 7-Jan. 13, detour map. Access to businesses along 124th Avenue NE will be maintained in both directions. Pedestrian and bicycle access will be maintained via a detour on 120th Avenue NE. During these closures, crews will complete the roadway widening, grading and placement of a base level. More information on project webpage.
- NE District Way between 123rd and 124th Avenues NE: Full road closure Dec. 12-15, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. for construction related to the 124th Avenue NE Corridor Improvements project. Alternate routes include 121st Avenue NE.
- UPDATED -- Lake Hills Boulevard and 148th Avenue SE Intersection Project: Lane closures through Dec. 16, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. for intersection improvements and the installation of an additional westbound lane. Flaggers and police officers will be present to assist motorists and pedestrians through the work zone.
- 124th Avenue NE at NE 12th Street: Lane closures for signal work, new curbs and sidewalks continue through mid-January 2023. Delays are expected. Flaggers and police officers will assist motorists and pedestrians through the work zone. Please slow down for worker and pedestrian safety. More information on project webpage.
- Pikes Peak Reservoir Replacement – 122XX-123XX block of NE 39th Street: Expect intermittent lane closures through fall 2022 for construction of a new water reservoir and underground utilities. Work hours, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Bridle Trails Park access and trails will be maintained during construction. More information on project webpage.
Pavement Preservation Program
Paving season is typically from April to October. Flaggers will be onsite for traffic control and pedestrian access maintained unless otherwise indicated. More information about the paving program, including weekly updates on the program webpage.
East Link Light Rail construction
- NEW -- Westbound I-90 HOV on-ramp from Bellevue Way SE: Sound Transit will conduct intermittent closures of the westbound I-90 HOV on-ramp from Bellevue Way SE to I-90, Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-3 p.m. as needed for landscape maintenance. The expected closure durations are no more than two hours.
Other agency projects
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-405 Burlington Northern Bridge to Pedestrian Trail Bridge & I-90/East Fork Issaquah Creek Seismic: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-90 - Eastgate to SR 900 - Corridor Improvements: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: Renton to Bellevue I-405 Widening and Express Toll Lane Project: More information on project webpage.
- UPDATED -- Main Street between 112th and 116th Avenues NE: Main Street overpass is partially open to one lane of vehicular traffic in each direction as of Nov. 20. Pedestrians and cyclists will not have access to the partially reopened bridge as crews construct a 12-and-a-half-foot-wide multi-use path, 8-foot-wide sidewalk, bike lane, landscaped barrier, and railings. The new and improved overpass is scheduled to fully reopen to all modes of travel in mid-January.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program: More information on project webpage.
- King County Eastrail: Washington State Department of Transportation, in partnership with King County Parks, is overseeing the construction of 2.5 miles of new paved Eastrail in Renton and Bellevue. More information on WSDOT's project webpage.
- King County Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project: King County Wastewater Treatment Division is upgrading its regional sewer line that serves Bellevue and Newcastle. More information on project website.
- King County Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project: More information on project webpage.
- King County Lake Hills sewer relining: More information on project webpage.
- King County North Mercer Island/Enatai Sewer Upgrade Project: Crews will locate utilities in north Mercer Island and southwest Bellevue to prepare for major construction activities beginning spring 2022 and extending until 2025. Sign up for Enatai project area email and text updates from King County on project webpage.
- Sweyolocken Boat Launch: Road closed from Bellevue Wy SE to the Sweyolocken Boat Launch. The area south of the Sweyolocken Pump Station will be closed as well. The I-90 Trail will be closed to the east and southwest of the pump station during construction. Detours for trail traffic will be alongside streets near the South Bellevue Park and Ride to the I-90 Bike Trail near 108th Avenue SE.
Highway traffic information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: