Last updated: March 30
The following traffic advisories reflect current conditions as they are known. The listings below reflect construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks and trails (note: excludes individual lane closures or lane and sidewalk closures associated with development projects). Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. Construction schedules are subject to change and often do.
This page is typically updated each Thursday. New information is noted by the word "New" and "Updated" in each category. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the different-colored shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
- NEW -- SE Eastgate Way and 142nd Place SE bridge: WSDOT will close SE Eastgate Way for I-90/142nd Place SE overpass repairs. Drivers will need to use an alternate route starting at 8 a.m. Monday, March 6. The road will be closed 24 hours per day for about five weeks while crews repair and reinforce a steel girder that supports the overpass. Buses, pedestrians and bicyclists will be able to pass under the bridge using the transit lanes at the nearby Eastgate Park and Ride. The SE Eastgate Way detour route uses Richards Road SE, SE 36th and 38th streets and 150th Avenue SE. Drivers who use the 148th Avenue SE on-ramp to westbound I-90 also should expect closures and a detour using the 156th Avenue SE on-ramp. More information and a detour map are available on the WSDOT project webpage.
Current construction impacts
- NEW -- NE 8th Street between Bellevue Way NE and 102nd Avenue NE:
- Lane reductions; however, one eastbound and one westbound travel lane will be available April 1-2, 4 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Westbound lane closures; however, one eastbound and one westbound travel lane will be available April 1-2, 10:30 p.m.-8:30 a.m.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the south side of NE 8th Street. Bicyclists will follow vehicular or pedestrian detour routes.
- NEW -- SE 26th Street at 134th Avenue SE: Two-way flagging April 4-7, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. for storm line replacement.
- NE District Way between 123rd and 124th avenues NE: Full road closure, April 5-6, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. for construction related to the 124th Avenue NE – NE 12th Street to NE Spring Boulevard project. Pedestrian access will be maintained. Bicyclists will follow vehicular or pedestrian detour routes.
Ongoing construction impacts
- Pikes Peak Reservoir Replacement – 122XX-123XX block of NE 39th Street: Expect intermittent lane closures through March for construction of a new water reservoir and underground utilities. Work hours, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Bridle Trails Park access and trails will be maintained during construction. More information on project webpage.
- UPDATED -- 124th Avenue NE - NE 12th Street to NE Spring Boulevard: More information on project webpage.
- Lane closures for signal work, new curbs and sidewalks continue through March. Delays are expected.
- Northbound lane closures April 6, 6 a.m.-midnight for final paving. Southbound lane closures April 7, midnight-6 p.m. for final paving. Delays are expected. Pedestrian access will be maintained. Bicyclists will follow vehicular or pedestrian detour routes. Follow detours when in place.
- 124th Avenue NE between Ichigo and Northup Way: Intermittent lane closures beginning March 6 through May, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. for roadway widening, culvert/fish passage installation, retaining wall construction and utility installations. More information on project webpage.
- UPDATED -- 98th Avenue SE and SE 11th Street Slope Stabilization Project: Project will take place through spring. More information on project webpage.
- Full road closure of 98th Avenue SE (97th Place SE) between SE 11th and 15th streets now through May, 24 hours per day, to build a new retaining wall, and install a new water main line and pedestrian barrier. There will be no access for people walking, rolling or driving, but access to residences on SE 11th Street and Chism Beach Park will be maintained. Please follow detour signs.
- Intermittent closures with flaggers late May/early June, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., to install landscaping and irrigation lines and prepare for restoration and paving.
- Newport Sewer Basin Capacity Improvements – Cascade Key from Newport Key to end of the cul-de-sac: Intermittent lane closures with flagging, Jan. 30-May 31, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m., to install a new sewer force main.
Pavement Preservation Program
Paving season is typically from April to October. Flaggers will be onsite for traffic control and pedestrian access maintained unless otherwise indicated. More information about the paving program, including weekly updates on the program webpage.
Work is weather dependent. Delays are expected. Please slow down for the safety of workers and all travelers.
- 100th Avenue NE between NE 4th and 14th streets: Single lane closures March 13-April 3, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. for concrete work related to ADA upgrades.
- SE 40th Street between 138th and 146th avenues SE: Single lane closures with alternating one-way traffic April 3-5, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. for paving.
- NEW -- 112th Avenue SE between Bellevue Way SE and Bellefield Park Lane: Single lane closures April 3-13, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. for paving.
- 112th Avenue NE between NE 10th and 12th streets: Single lane closures April 6, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. for paving.
- NE 23rd Street between 98th and 100th avenues NE: Single lane closures April 6, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. for paving.
- 103rd Avenue NE at 103rd Place NE: Single lane closures March 30 and April 7, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. for paving.
East Link Light Rail construction
Visit Sound Transit's East Link webpage to subscribe to receive construction updates.
- Westbound I-90 HOV on-ramp from Bellevue Way SE: Sound Transit will conduct intermittent closures of the westbound I-90 HOV on-ramp from Bellevue Way SE to I-90, Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-3 p.m. as needed for landscape maintenance. The expected closure durations are no more than two hours.
Other agency projects
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 148th Avenue NE interchange - Overlake Access Ramp: More information on the project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-405 Burlington Northern Bridge to Pedestrian Trail Bridge & I-90/East Fork Issaquah Creek Seismic: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-90 - Eastgate to SR 900 - Corridor Improvements: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-90 - Sunset Creek - Fish Passage: More information on project webpage.
- Flaggers will alternate traffic on SE Eastgate Way between Richards Road and 139th Avenue SE from 10 p.m. Friday, March 31 to 7 a.m. Saturday, April 1.
- Note: SE 36th Street and SE Eastgate Way will not have lane closures at the same time.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: Renton to Bellevue I-405 Widening and Express Toll Lane Project: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program: More information on project webpage.
- King County Eastrail: Washington State Department of Transportation, in partnership with King County Parks, is overseeing the construction of 2.5 miles of new paved Eastrail in Renton and Bellevue. More information on WSDOT's project webpage.
- King County Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project: King County Wastewater Treatment Division is upgrading its regional sewer line that serves Bellevue and Newcastle. More information on project website.
- King County Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project: More information on project webpage.
- King County Lake Hills sewer relining: More information on project webpage.
- King County North Mercer Island/Enatai Sewer Upgrade Project: Crews will locate utilities in north Mercer Island and southwest Bellevue to prepare for major construction activities from spring 2022 and extend until 2025. Sign up for Enatai project area email and text updates from King County on project webpage.
- Sweyolocken Boat Launch: Road closed from Bellevue Wy SE to the Sweyolocken Boat Launch. The area south of the Sweyolocken Pump Station will be closed as well. The I-90 Trail will be closed to the east and southwest of the pump station during construction. Detours for trail traffic will be alongside streets near the South Bellevue Park and Ride to the I-90 Bike Trail near 108th Avenue SE.
Highway traffic information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: