Last updated: Oct. 15, 2020
The following traffic advisories reflect current conditions as they are known. The listings below reflect construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks, and trails. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. Construction will be conducted in accordance with COVID-19 safety precautions.
This page is typically updated each Thursday. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button. To verify the current status or give feedback, contact the staff person listed to the right.
Click on the different-colored shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
Current construction impacts
- UPDATED--112th Ave NE between Main Street and NE 2nd Street (The Holden Bellevue): Close all southbound lanes along with northbound left turn lane Oct 12-21. Approved closure and work hours Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. to install sewer connection.
- UPDATED--108th Ave NE Complete Street Project: Main Street to NE 12th Street, Oct. 19-23 striping (channelization) of bike lane with separation of curbs and planters. Decorative marking of NE 2nd Street intersection crosswalks on Oct. 20. Expect shore traffic delays around flagger-controlled work areas. (Project webpage)(Construction alert)
- UPDATED--124th Avenue Corridor Improvement Project: Electrical lattice tower replacement: Full 24-hour roadway closure between NE District Way and King County Metro driveway access (Ichigo Way) starting Nov. 2 at 4 a.m. and ending Nov. 14 at 6 a.m. No through access. Business access maintained. No pedestrian and bicycle access through work limits. Follow detours. Approved work hours: Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sat. and Sun., 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. More information in construction alert.
- UPDATED--Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail: Construction ongoing through end of 2020. Early traffic impacts will include a temporary lower speed limit (25 mph) and narrower lanes on SE 36th St from Factoria Blvd to 132nd Ave SE. Visit project webpage for more information.
- The eastbound I-90 off-ramp to Factoria Boulevard will close from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly starting Monday, Oct. 19 through the morning of Friday, Oct. 23, for the City of Bellevue to continue work on the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail that crosses over the roadway.
- 100th Ave NE at NE 8th Street: Full closure (24-hour) of intersection starting Oct. 12 at 7 a.m. and ending Nov. 16 at 6 p.m.for PSE and city utilities work. Pedestrian access will be maintained; cyclists to use sidewalk and crosswalk connections. Approved work hours Mon.-Fri, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sat. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 116th Ave NE between 1600 block and NE 19th Street (1835 116th Ave NE/Aegis Overlake): 24 hour lane shift for pedestrian pathway, Sept. 28 - Oct. 9, 24-hour. Sidewalk removal. No pedestrian detour. Work hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 2812 116th Ave NE (Little School): Temporary closure of northbound bike lane to use for pedestrian access, Sept. 28-Oct. 12, 24-hour. Work hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- SE 40th Street at 140th Ave SE Rockery Replacement Project: Sept 8 - mid-November. One lane alternating traffic with flagger control at the southeast corner of the intersection of SE 40th Street and 140th Ave SE., Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Replacement of 170 feet of existing rockery with a soldier pile wall on the southeast quadrant of SE 40th/140th Ave SE intersection.
- SE Newport Way at 172nd Ave SE Rockery Replacement Project: Sept 8 - mid-November. One lane alternating traffic with flagger control at southeast corner of intersection of SE Newport Way and 172nd Ave SE, Mon. - Fri. 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Replacement of 130 feet of existing rockery with a soldier pile wall on the south side of SE Newport Way immediately east of 172nd Ave SE.
- West Lake Sammamish Parkway Phase 2 Detour July 6- June 3, 2021: Closure of southbound lane and through access on West Lake Sammamish Parkway NE between Northup Way and NE 24th Street. Most southbound vehicular traffic will be detoured at NE 24th Street to 173rd Ave NE, with local southbound vehicular access available between NE 24th Street and NE 16th Place. All local traffic entering West Lake Sammamish Pkwy between Northup Way and NE 24th Street must travel northbound. Northbound travel will remain open for access to adjacent properties. Northbound access will remain open for access to adjacent properties. Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout the project. Northbound bicycle access will be maintained using the travel lane, while southbound cyclists will be detoured at SE 15th Place. Construction ongoing through winter 2021. Approved work hours: Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Construction Alert)(Project webpage)
- NOTE FOR PEOPLE BIKING: All southbound cyclists will be required to dismount their bicycles and walk them through the work zone between NE 15th Place and Northup Way.
- NOTE: Republic Services will be collecting garbage, recycle and organics on the regular service day. Carts will need to be out by 6 a.m.. For questions, call Republic Services at 425-452-4761.
- SE Newport Way Pedestrian and Bike Improvement Project: Construction ongoing through November 23. One lane westbound closure, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. The eastbound directional closure of SE Newport Way is between SE Allen Road/SE Somerset Blvd and 150th Ave SE. Closure needed to construct slopes, walls, underground utilities, and widening. Subsequent disturbance activities within detour routes will be restricted. Local access must also follow the established detour routes. Approved work hours Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Emergency access into the closure area will remain. The roadway is further closed to bicycles and pedestrians. (Detour Update mailer) (Project webpage)
- Meydenbauer Basin NE 8th St and 100th Ave NE Flood Control Project: Ongoing, Mon - Fri, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. The project will address recurrent street flooding at NE 8th and 100th Ave NE by constructing a bypass pipeline to better carry stormwater during heavy rains. Local access to Bellevue Square Mall and the Mondrian Condominiums will be maintained. Visit the Meydenbauer Flood Control Project webpage for details.
136th Ave NE Inlet Station and NE 8th St Transmission Main project: June 2020 through summer 2021, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Project limits: NE 8th St from 126th Ave NE to 140th Ave NE (transmission main) and 136th Ave NE north of 8th (inlet station site). Visit project webpage for more information.
NE 8th St—Reduced traffic lanes and flaggers through transmission main work zone
NE 8th St & 140th Ave NE—Intersection traffic revisions for connection to Seattle Public Utility regional supply pipeline
136th Ave NE—Temporary bypass road through inlet station work zone (serving four residents)
- Cherry Crest Pump Station Replacement: Ongoing through fall 2020, Mon - Fri, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Watch for detours and road closures. Visit project webpage for more information.
- 127th Ave NE from NE 24th St to NE 29th St
- NE 29th St from 127th Ave NE to 126th Ave NE
- 126th Ave NE from NE 29th St to NE 30th St
Pavement Preservation Program
Check out the Pavement Preservation Update for paving locations and approximate work dates. For more information about the paving program, including weekly updates, go to the Pavement Preservation Program webpage.
- UPDATED--119th Ave SE (4400 block to Coal Creek Parkway): Oct. 15-16, Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Removing temporary vehicle detection. Short-term single lane closures. Driveway access maintained.
- UPDATED--NE 20th Street/NE 21st Place (between Northup Way - 140th St NE): Oct. 15-16, Mon-Fri, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Installing new c-curb and removing temporary vehicle detection. Short-term single-lane closures.
East Link Light Rail construction
South Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
NEW--112th Ave SE "Y" intersection at Bellevue Way: Partial closure of 112th Ave SE/Bellevue Way Oct. 17 and 18, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.. No left turn from southbound Bellevue Way to northbound 112th Ave SE and no right turn from southbound 112th SE to northbound Bellevue Way. (Full closure scheduled for Oct. 24 at 6 a.m. through Oct. 25, 9 p.m.)
UPDATED--Bellevue Way SE to westbound I-90 HOV on-ramp closed daily, Oct. 19-23, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Weekday lane restrictions, ongoing, Mon. - Fri., 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Bellevue Way SE from the future light rail station north to the “Y” intersection at 112th Ave SE. One lane in each direction.
Central Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- UPDATED--112th Ave SE at the 112th Ave and Main Street intersection: Single right lane closure for northbound/southbound 112th Ave SE daily, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Southbound 110th Ave NE closed, NE 2nd Place to NE 3rd Place: Closure ongoing through 2021. Closure needed for excavation and construction of a tunnel ventilation and access shaft to the main tunnel beneath 110th Ave NE. Follow detour southbound traffic.
North Bellevue (BelRed) [Ongoing impacts]
NE Spring Blvd: Nightly closures Oct. 13-16, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. of 132nd Ave NE at NE Spring Blvd for paving. Nightly closures of 136th Place NE between NE Spring Blvd and NE 20th Street Oct. 13-16, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. for light pole installation and paving.
UPDATED--SR 520 between NE 40th Street and 148th Ave NE overnight closures of eastbound and westbound lanes, Oct. 12-24. Dates, times and direction vary.
Other agency projects
- UPDATED--Washington State Department of Transportation: Renton to Bellevue I-405 Widening and Express Toll Lane Project: More information on WSDOT's I-405 construction alert webpage.
- Monday, Oct. 19 to the morning of Wednesday, Oct. 21
- The HOV left lane of southbound I-405 between Coal Creek Parkway Southeast and Northeast 44th Street will close from 10:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. nightly.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20 to the morning of Friday, Oct. 23
- The right lane of northbound I-405 between Northeast 44th Street and Lake Washington Boulevard Southeast will close from 9 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. The Lake Washington Boulevard Southeast off-ramp will close from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 22 to the morning of Friday, Oct. 23
- The HOV left lane of northbound I-405 between Coal Creek Parkway Southeast and the I-90 interchange will close from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The HOV left lane of southbound I-405 between Northeast Eighth Street and the I-90 interchange will close from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 19 to the morning of Wednesday, Oct. 21
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program. More information on Project webpage.
- Puget Sound Energy -- Lake Hills-Phantom Lake Transmission Line (NE 8th St and 148th Ave SE): Construction is expected to occur in three phases: Phase 1: Vegetation removal; Phase 2: Pole and wire installation; Phase 3: Landscaping and restoration. Project webpage
- King County Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project: King County Wastewater Treatment Division is upgrading its regional sewer line that serves Bellevue and Newcastle. More details on project website.
- King County Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project: Survey work begins July 13. Work needed to located underground utilities along West Lake Sammamish Parkway NE with minimal work near the Sammamish River Condominiums. Some work will require using the driving lanes; expect delays. More details on project webpage.
- UPDATED--King County Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project -- Intermittent single-lane closures on 163rd Ave Se and West Lake Sammamish Pkwy for equipment deliveries and restoration during regular work hours. Project website
Washington State Department of Transportation: NW Sammamish Road (Issaquah), eastbound lane closure through the summer. Traffic detoured to I-90. More details on I-90 - Eastgate to SR 900 - Corridor Improvements project webpage.
Eastrail: Washington State Department of Transportation, in partnership with King County Parks, is overseeing construction of 2.5 miles of new paved Eastrail in Renton and Bellevue. Visit WSDOT's project webpage for more details.
Highway traffic information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: