Last updated: April 8, 2021
The following traffic advisories reflect current conditions as they are known. The listings below reflect construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks, and trails. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. Construction will be conducted in accordance with COVID-19 safety precautions. Construction schedules are subject to change and often do.
This page is typically updated each Thursday. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the different-colored shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
Current construction impacts
NEW--108th Ave NE between NE 4th Street and NE 6th Street (555 Office Tower) closed April 15, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. to stage a mobile crane. Pedestrian access maintained on east side of 108th. Bicycle detour with traffic or use pedestrian access. Bus access to/from transit center available from north on 108th Avenue only.
NEW--104th Avenue SE between Bellevue Way SE and SE 10th Street closed April 12, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to perform storm drainage connection and paving.
UPDATED--106th Ave NE between Main Street and NE 2nd Street (Bellevue Plaza) closed southbound April 12, 15, 20, 23 and 28 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for concrete pour. Pedestrian access maintained on the east side of 106th Ave NE.
- UPDATED--NE 12th Street Multipurpose Path Project: Closure of westbound curb lane on NE 12th Street between 112th Ave NE and 108th Ave NE through April/May to expand the existing 5-foot wide sidewalk to a 12-foot wide multipurpose path, including accessibility upgrades to curb ramps and to expand the current planter strip from 3 feet to 5 feet in width. (Project webpage)
- UPDATED--2020 AC Main Replacement Phase 1 Project: Work to replace a water main is ongoing at the following locations. Expect minor traffic revisions at 109th Place NE, NE 26th Place and 110th Avenue NE (April 12-July 1)
- UPDATED--2020 AC Main Replacement Phase 2 Project: Work to replace a water main. Expect minor traffic revisions at 173rd Place NE (April 12-June 1)
- 2020 AC Main Replacement Phase 3 Project: Overlake Drive W from Evergreen Point Road to 84th Ave NE is closed, except for local access, to 81st Ave NE through late April/early May.
Factoria Blvd SE and Newport Way SE: Directional and intermittent lane closures north of intersection, March 29 - April 9, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. to replace storm drain pipe.
NE 10th Street between Bellevue Way NE and 106th Avenue NE (1001 Binary Towers): Westbound closure daily April 5-9, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Work hours same as closure. Closure needed to install fire hydrant.
West Lake Sammamish Parkway Phase 2: Construction ongoing through winter 2021 to build a multipurpose path, replace a water main and pave the roadway. Detour through June 2021. Approved work hours: Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Construction Alert)(Project webpage)
- Pedestrian and bicycle access: The multipurpose path is now open for pedestrian and bicycle access through the work zone. People cycling northbound may also continue to use the northbound travel lane. The southbound travel lane remains closed to all road users, including cyclists.
- Water main work is planned to start mid-March through June from SE 1st Place to Lake Sammamish lane. Expect daily lane closures from SE 1st Place to Northup Way until the water main work progresses into the closure at Northup Way.
- All local traffic entering West Lake Sammamish Pkwy between Northup Way and NE 24th Street must travel northbound. Northbound travel will remain open for access to adjacent properties. Starting mid-March, northbound traffic will travel on the west side of the roadway.
- Closure of southbound lane and through access on West Lake Sammamish Pkwy between Northup Way and NE 24th Street. Most southbound vehicular traffic will be detoured at NE 24th Street to 173rd Ave NE, with local southbound vehicular access available between NE 24th Street and NE 16th Place.
- Republic Services will be collecting garbage, recycle and organics on the regular service day. Carts will need to be out by 6 a.m. For questions, call Republic Services at 425-452-4761.
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail: SE 36th Street from 132nd Ave SE to 142nd Place SE: Construction of the continuation of the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail Feb. through November 2021. Expect intermittent lane closures on within project area. Approved work hours: Mon. through Fri., 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Project webpage.
- SE Newport Way east of 152nd Ave SE: Alternating one lane traffic control through April 30 for emergency storm drain culvert repair.
- Mainline Sanitary Sewer Extension from Spring District: NE 12th Street between 120th Ave NE and 124th Ave NE: Center lane intermittent closures east and west bound and NE 12th Street left turn closure turning south onto 120th Ave NE. March through April, 24 hours/7days a week. Construction impacts may cause traffic delays. No detour in place but please find alternative routes.
- 136th Ave NE Inlet Station and NE 8th Street Transmission Main project: Construction ongoing through summer 2021 of a new water inlet station and transmission main. Expect reduced lanes restrictions on NE 8th Street. Approved work hours: Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Project limits: NE 8th St from 126th Ave NE to 140th Ave NE (transmission main) and 136th Ave NE north of 8th (inlet station site). (Project webpage)
Pavement Preservation Program
Paving season is typically from April to October. For more information about the paving program, including weekly updates, go to the Pavement Preservation Program webpage.
- Bel-Red Road (130th Avenue NE to 140th Ave NE) - Accessibility (ADA) upgrades in advance of paving. March 22-May 3. Work hours are Mon. - Fri., 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Expect single lane closures.
East Link Light Rail construction
NEW--1-90 eastbound HOV ramp to I-405 closed April 17, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. General purpose ramps remain open.
NEW--I-90 eastbound off-ramp to Bellevue Way SE closed nightly April 19-21, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
NEW--I-90 eastbound HOV off-ramp to Bellevue Way SE closed nightly April 19-21, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
NEW--I-90 westbound off-ramp to Bellevue Way SE closed nightly April 19-21, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
NEW--SR520 all eastbound lanes between 148th Ave NE and NE 40th Street closed April 8, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
112th Avenue SE between the "Y" intersection at Bellevue Way to SE 8th Street fully closed northbound and southbound April 10 from 7 a.m. to April 11 at 9 p.m. for paving. Contingency date April 17-18. Follow detour. Access to Bellefield Residential Park maintained. Work hours 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Sound Transit Construction Alert)
UPDATED--112th Avenue SE between SE 8th Street and SE 15th Street: Southbound right lane closure April 5-9 and April 12-13, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
UPDATED--112th Avenue SE between SE 8th Street and Main Street: Southbound right lane closure, April 5-9 and April 12-16, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
UPDATED--112th Avenue SE between SE 6th Street and SE 8th Street: Northbound right lane closure April 5-9 and April 12-14, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
UPDATED--Bellevue Way SE to westbound I-90 HOV on-ramp closed, daily, April 5 - 10 and April 14-16, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Southbound 110th Ave NE closed, NE 2nd Place to NE 3rd Place: Closure ongoing through 2021. Closure needed for excavation and construction of a tunnel ventilation and access shaft to the main tunnel beneath 110th Ave NE. Follow detour southbound traffic.
Other agency projects
- Washington State Department of Transportation: Renton to Bellevue I-405 Widening and Express Toll Lane Project: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program. More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: NW Sammamish Road (Issaquah): More information on project webpage.
- Eastrail: Washington State Department of Transportation, in partnership with King County Parks, is overseeing construction of 2.5 miles of new paved Eastrail in Renton and Bellevue. Visit WSDOT's project webpage for more details.
- King County Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project: King County Wastewater Treatment Division is upgrading its regional sewer line that serves Bellevue and Newcastle. More details on project website.
- King County Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project: More details on project webpage.
- King County Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project: More details on project website.
Highway traffic information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: