Last updated: May 28, 2020
Check the Traffic Advisories map and text below for the latest information about construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks, and trails. This page is regularly updated. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the orange and red shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
New and updated traffic impacts are listed first. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers.
Bellevue Healthy Streets Pilot
As part of the city’s response to the COVID-19 crisis, the Transportation Department has implemented two Healthy Streets pilot projects. Portions of residential streets are being temporarily closed to non-local vehicle traffic to provide more room for people in the neighborhood to move while physically distancing during COVID-19. Local access for residents and essential services will be maintained, as well as on-street parking. Bellevue Healthy Streets will remain closed to non-local vehicle traffic pending further guidance on social distancing from the Governor’s Office and public health officials, or as directed by the City of Bellevue.
- SE 4th St between 152nd Pl SE/154th Ave SE and 164th Ave SE: Ongoing
- 165th/166th Ave NE between NE 4th St and Northup Way: Ongoing
- UPDATED -- SE Newport Way: Full closure starting Fri, 6/5, 7 am through Sun, 6/7, 8 pm.
- NEW -- NE 20th from 130th to about 136th Ave N: Begins 6/1 for up to 2 weeks, Mon - Fri, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. Work is for a sewer dig and repairs.
- NEW -- 12802 BelRed Rd: Begins 6/8 for up to 2 weeks, Mon - Fri, 10 am – 2 pm. Work is for a sewer dig and repairs.
- NE 12th St Bridge: Ongoing, Mon - Fri, 7 am – 3:30 pm. Intermittent curb lane closures on NE 12th St between NE Spring Blvd and 120th Ave NE as the contractor transfers equipment to clean and paint the bridge over the Eastrail trail and East Link Light Rail trackway.
- Meydenbauer Basin NE 8th St and 100th Ave NE Flood Control Project:
Ongoing, Mon - Fri, 7 am – 3:30 pm. The project will install will address recurrent street flooding at NE 8th and 100th Ave NE by constructing a bypass pipeline to better carry stormwater during heavy rains. Construction will begin on NE 4th St in between the Bellevue Square Mall and Downtown Park. NE 4th St will be closed to through traffic between Bellevue Way and 100th Ave NE for approximately 5 weeks. Local access to Bellevue Square Mall and the Mondrian Condominiums will be maintained. Construction will be in compliance with current requirements for COVID-19 Safety. Meydenbauer Flood Control Project
- Check out the Pavement Preservation Update for paving locations and approximate work dates. For more information about the paving program, go to the Pavement Preservation Program webpage.
- 120th Ave NE (2100 block - Northup Way): Ongoing – 6/5, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. Paving operations, use alternate routes.
- Lake WA Blvd NE (Meydenbauer Bridge – 99th Ave NE): Ongoing, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. Paving operations, use alternate routes.
- NE 1st St (94th Ave NE – End of Road): Ongoing – 6/5, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. Paving operations, expect delays.
- 112th Ave NE (NE 24th St – SR520 Interchange): Ongoing, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. Paving Operations, expect delays, and use alternate routes.
- 120th Ave NE (2100 Block – Northup Way): Ongoing, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. Paving operations, expect delays and use alternate routes.
- 159th Pl SE & SE 8th, 159th & SE 9th St and 160th Ave SE & SE 10th: Ongoing, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. ADA upgrades ahead of paving operations.
- 148th Ave NE (5700 Block to 40th Ave NE): Ongoing through 5/19, Mon - Fri, 7 am - 7 pm. Channelization and traffic loop install.
- 111th Ave NE (from NE 39th Pl to 115th Ave NE) & 112th Ave NE to 113th Ave NE: Ongoing, Mon - Fri, 8 am – 5 pm. Channelization install and utility adjustments.
East Link Light Rail construction
Please go to the East Link News webpage for additional ongoing construction impacts. Subscribe to receive construction updates from Sound Transit. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signed detours to safely access your destination.
South Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- NEW -- Bellevue Way SE restoration; traffic impacts: Portions of the roadway are planned to be paved in summer 2020. Weekend full and partial closures are planned from June through August. The closure area is between the "Y" intersection at Bellevue Way and 112th Ave SE south to I-90. Read details in a mailer.
- Weekday restrictions Tues. May 26-Fri. May 29, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Construction alert and map 05.22.20)
- Weekend closures Sat. May 30 at 6 a.m. to Sun. May 31 at 9 p.m. (Construction alert and map 05.22.20)
- Eastbound I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way off-ramp closure. Lane restrictions along Bellevue Way from the future light rail station to the "Y" intersection at 112th Ave SE.
- Northbound 112th Ave SE closed from the "Y" intersection at Bellevue Way to SE 15th Street
- Restricted right turn from southbound 112th Ave SE to northbound Bellevue Way at the "Y" intersection
- Restricted left turn from southbound Bellevue Way to SE 30th Street/113th Ave SE
- Restricted left turn from SE 30th Street/113th Ave SE to northbound Bellevue Way
Central Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- NEW--Westbound right lane closure on NE 8th Street between 116th Avenue NE and 120th Avenue NE: 5/18 through 6/26. Closure needed to perform curb and platform work on the north sidewalk of NE 8th Street. (Construction alert)
North Bellevue (BelRed) [Ongoing impacts]
NEW -- NE 20th St and 136th PL NE intersection: Beginning as early as Tues, 5/26, lasting through Mon, 6/1. Crews will close the center lanes at NE 20th St and 136th Pl NE intersection. These lane closures are necessary to facilitate roadway construction activities.
ONGOING--NE Spring Blvd between 136th Pl NE and 137th Pl NE: Ongoing through spring 2020. Eastbound lane closure needed for roadway, rail, and sidewalk buildout. Local access and driveway access to businesses on NE Spring Blvd will be maintained. Construction Alert
Ongoing general construction impacts
- SE 16th St walkway (160th Ave SE to SE 16th St cul-de-sac): Ongoing, Mon - Fri, 7 am - 4 pm. The project will be in flagging operation by alternating traffic on SE 16th St.
- 119th Ave SE Bike Lanes Project (SE 56th St to SE 60th St): Ongoing, Mon - Fri, 7 am - 4 pm. The project will install separated bike lanes. Traffic will shift to the median while working on the northbound or southbound lanes. Flaggers will help pedestrians near the work zone and vehicles from coming in and out of the driveways.
- West Lake Sammamish Parkway (NE 2nd to Northup Way): Ongoing, Mon - Fri, 7 am - 5 pm. Traffic control will be one-way alternating traffic controlled by flaggers. This will be an ongoing lane restriction for a month.
- 102nd Ave NE between NE 34th St and NE 31st Pl: Ongoing, 7 am – 3:30 pm Monday – Friday. Work is for the 2019 AC Main Replacement Project. Traffic control will be set up with flaggers.
- 100th Ave NE and NE 10th Street mini-roundabout: Ongoing through 5/31, Mon – Fri, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. Please obey flaggers’ instructions. (Project webpage)
- SE Newport Way: Ongoing through 11/23. One lane westbound closure, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. The eastbound directional closure of SE Newport Way is between SE Allen Road/SE Somerset Blvd and 150th Ave SE. Closure needed to construct slopes, walls, underground utilities, and widening. Subsequent disturbance activities within detour routes will be restricted. Local access must also follow the established detour routes. Emergency access into the closure area will remain. The roadway is further closed to bicycles and pedestrians. Detour Update mailer. Project webpage.
- Enatai Park: Ongoing through 5/31. The south parking lot will be closed but most of the park will be open to the public. New pipe and utility vaults are being installed.
- 100th Ave north of NE 1st St and on NE 1st St between 100th Ave NE and 103rd Ave NE: Ongoing through May. (Project webpage)
- 100th Ave NE: Work hours are Mon - Fri, 9 am to 4 pm. The project will be in flagging operation on the northbound lane of 100th Ave NE and the two-way left-turn lane will be closed. Northbound traffic will be detoured.
- NE 1st St: Work hours are Mon - Fri, 9 am to 4 pm. The street will be fully closed between 102nd Ave NE and 103rd Ave NE.
- NE 1st St: Work hours are Mon - Fri, 9 am to 4 pm. The westbound lane between 100th Ave NE and 101st Ave NE will be closed.
- 150th between Newport Way and 38th St SE: Ongoing. Mon – Fri, 7 am – 4 pm. Primarily affects the west side of the roadway, which is southbound. Daily lane closures to widen the roadway and put in walls, sidewalks, lighting, etc.
- 102nd Ave NE between NE 31st Pl & NE 34th St: Ongoing. Mon – Fri 7 am – 3:30 pm work will take approx. 2 weeks to complete. Water main installation as part of the Utilities 2019 AC Watermain Replacement Project.
- 148th Ave NE and NE 8th St Traffic Signal Upgrade Project: Ongoing. Mon - Fri, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm. Work will be for the reconstruction of sidewalks and wheelchair ramps and removal of existing old traffic signal poles.
- Lake Hills-Phantom Lake Transmission Line (NE 8th St and 148th Ave SE): Ongoing through December 2020. Work hours: Mon-Fri, 9 am - 3 pm, Sat: 8 am - 6 pm, Sun, 9 am to 6 pm. Project webpage
- Construction is expected to occur in three phases:
- Phase 1: Vegetation removal
- Phase 2: Pole and wire installation
- Phase 3: Landscaping and restoration
- Construction: January-June 2020, landscaping and restoration: September-December 2020
- Construction is expected to occur in three phases:
- Cherry Crest Pump Station: Ongoing, 7 am – 4 pm, Mon - Fri. Watch for detours and road closures.
- 127th Ave NE from NE 24th to NE 29th
- NE 29th St from 127th Ave to 126th Ave
- 126th Ave NE from NE 29th to NE 30th
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail: Ongoing. Early traffic impacts will include a temporary lower speed limit (25 mph) and narrower lanes on SE 36th St from Factoria Blvd to 132nd Ave SE. The off-ramp from eastbound I-90 to Factoria Blvd/Richards Rd nightly from 9 pm to 5 am. Hours will vary and construction schedules are subject to change. Project webpage
- 177th Ave NE and NE 16th St: Ongoing. Mon - Fri, 9 am to 3:30 pm, with the exception of Wed (no work). Bellevue Utilities Department contractors will be making repairs to critical storm drains. Please anticipate some delays. A portion of the sidewalk along NE 16th St will be closed for access. Project map
- SE 35th Pl/SE 34th St, from 163rd Pl SE to 164th Pl SE; and SE Eastgate Way, 161st Ave to SE 35th Pl: Ongoing. Pedestrians and bicyclists will be detoured at times. Detour map. The work is part of King County's Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project. Project website
Highway Traffic Information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: