Last updated: July 17, 2019
Check the Traffic Advisories map and text below for the latest information about construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks, and trails. (Note: For information on road closures related to ice, snow or flooding, please see the city’s Emergencies and Extreme Weather page).
Click on the orange and red shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
New and updated traffic impacts are listed first. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers.
- NEW -- Bellevue Arts Fairs road closures: From Thursday, 7/25, through Sunday, 7/28, several downtown streets will be closed or partially closed at various times for the annual arts and crafts fair. A road closures map provides locations and times.
- NEW -- Bel-Red Road and NE 20th Street: Starting 7/15, 8 p.m. to 8 a.m., for approximately one week. Lane closures in the intersection nightly as part of a Utilities water main construction project. Two-way traffic will be maintained. Please obey flaggers and avoid the intersection if possible.
- NEW -- Coal Creek Parkway: 7/15 - 26, Mon - Fri, 7 am - 3 pm. Closure extended. One lane of Coal Creek Parkway will be closed in alternating directions. Flaggers will direct traffic; drivers are asked to drive slowly, follow posted signs and watch for pedestrians, bicyclists and workers. The closures are for geotechnical survey work that is part of a King County sewer upgrade project. Also closed will be the Coal Creek Natural Area Upper West (Red Cedar) Trailhead, scheduled for 7/29-7/30, round the clock. Closure information; Project website
- 116th Ave NE & NE 12th St: Ongoing, 24 hours, 7 days a week. Ongoing, 24 hours, 7 days a week. Eastbound NE 12th will be reduced to one lane at 116th.
- Eastgate/Tyee Traffic Safety Improvement Project: Begins 7/8 for approximately 3 months. Work hours: Mon - Fri, 7 am - 5 pm. There will be temporary lane and road closures in the area. Detours will be clearly marked with appropriate signs directing motorists and pedestrians. Crews will:
Replace the temporary traffic circle at 138th Ave SE and SE 40th St with a mini-roundabout; add a new crosswalk to the west leg of the intersection and add curb ramps on the south leg of the intersection;
Install a new sidewalk separated by a landscaped planter on the west side of 138th Ave SE, between SE Allen Rd and SE 40th St;
Designate parking shoulders on 138th Ave SE/136th Place SE, between SE 40th St and SE 37th St; and
Install colored pavement across 136th Place SE and 146th Ave SE, south of SE 37th St, and install “Residential Area” signs at neighborhood entrances.
- Lake Washington Blvd (118th Ave SE below I90): Ongoing, Mon - Fri, 7 am - 6 pm. Lane closures daily. Bike access on the trail will be provided, however, bicyclists must dismount and walk their bikes thru the construction zone. Please watch and listen for directions given by flagging personnel.
- 114th Ave SE from SE 8th St to approximately the 300 block of 114th Ave SE: Ongoing through the end of July. Mon -Fri, 9 am – 3 pm. The southbound curb lane will be closed with one lane of travel for traffic north and south. Traffic control will be in place north and south of SE 6th St.
- Overlay Program
- NEW -- Lakemont Blvd and SE Newport Way intersection: Ongoing thru 7/21, Mon - Fri, 8 pm - 5 am. Work is for grinding and paving.
- NEW -- 132nd Ave NE between NE 40th and NE 60th: Ongoing thru 7/21, Mon - Fri, 7 am - 5 pm. Paving 7/1 - 7/2/19. Single lane closures, expect long delays and use alternate routes.
- 156th Ave SE from Lakehills Connector to SE 24th St: 7/8 - 8/1, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. Expect single lane closures and delay. Grind and overlay operations.
- SE Newport Way - Somerset to Factoria Blvd: Ongoing thru 7/14. Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. Utility adjustments and new channelization.
- SE Eastgate Way from Richards Rd to 150th Ave SE: Ongoing - 7/21, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. New channelization installation and electrical work.
- SE 37th St (150th – SE Eastgate Way): Ongoing – 7/21. Paving 6/24 - 27, 8 pm – 5 am.
East Link Light Rail construction
Please go to the East LInk News webpage for additional ongoing construction impacts. Subscribe to receive construction updates from Sound Transit. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signed detours to safely access your destination.
South Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- No updates as of 7/16.
Central Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
NEW-- 110th Ave NE between NE 4th and NE 6th streets: Sun. 7/21 - Tues. 11/5, 24-hour, full closure of the northern portion of 110th Ave NE from the driveway to City Hall to NE 6th Street. Closure needed for full restoration of roadway, removal of temporary structures, curb/gutter, sidewalks, paving, installing a permanent mid-block crossing and final adjustments to underground utilities. A temporary pedestrian mid-block crossing will be maintained during the closure. Local access to/from driveways off 110th Ave NE will be maintained and all vehicles must exit southbound. NOTE: Access to City Center Plaza from 110th Ave will be temporarily unavailable during the last weeks of the closure. Brochure on how to access City Hall during closure.
NEW-- Directional closures of I-405 in downtown, Aug. 9-12 and Aug. 16-19 (Details and map in construction alert) Closures are needed to remove temporary falsework structures that supported concrete construction of the aerial guideway over I-405.
- Southbound directional closure: Fri. Aug. 9 through Mon. Aug. 12
- From Friday at 10 p.m. through Saturday night at midnight (Sunday morning), southbound I-405 ramps leading to downtown Bellevue will be closed. Traffic will need to use ramp detour routes during this time.
- From Saturday night at midnight (Sunday morning) through Monday at 5 a.m. southbound mainline lanes will be closed. To minimize impacts to drivers, southbound I-405 traffic will need to use the collector-distributor road at exit 13B as a bypass route during this time.
- Northbound directional closure Fri. Aug. 16 through Mon. Aug. 19
- From Friday at 10 p.m. through Saturday night at midnight (Sunday morning) northbound I-405 ramps leading into downtown Bellevue will be closed. Traffic will need to use ramp detour routes during this time.
- From Saturday night at midnight (Sunday morning) through Monday at 5 a.m. northbound mainline lanes will be closed. To minimize impacts to drivers, northbound I-405 traffic will need to use the collector-distributor road at exit 13B as a bypass route during this time.
- Southbound directional closure: Fri. Aug. 9 through Mon. Aug. 12
North Bellevue (BelRed) [Ongoing impacts]
- NEW-- NE 24th Street between NE 29th Place and SR520 undercrossing (14401 NE 24th Street): Nightly closures, 10pm to 6am, July 29 through Aug. 1. No vehicle, pedestrian or bicycle access.
Ongoing general construction impacts
- 150th Ave SE from SE Newport Way to 38th St: Ongoing through December 2019. Mon - Fri, 7 am -3 pm. Expect northbound lane closures, 8 am - 5 pm and southbound lane closures, 7 am - 3 pm. This project includes removing existing rockery and replacing it with a gravity block wall on the northbound side of 150th Ave SE, and construction of a new southbound right-turn lane. The new lane will include sidewalk from Newport Way down the west side of 150th Ave SE to the six homes along this section of the roadway.
- Glacier Key and Skagit Key bridge construction at Coal Creek: Ongoing through November 2019. Full 24-hour closure. These locations will remain closed until the work is complete. Project website
- 158th Pl SE from Lake Hills to Main: Mon - Fri, Ongoing through 8/31, 7 am - 5 pm. The contractor will be installing a watermain line.
- Bel-Red Rd and 148th Ave NE and Bel-Red Rd and 152nd Pl NE: Ongoing. Work hours: Mon - Fri, 6:30 am - 3:30 pm and Sat, 9 am - 6 pm. The Utilities Department is upgrading the existing water system facilities. Construction alert
- 116th Ave NE & NE 12th St: Ongoing, 24 hours, 7 days a week. Westbound NE 12th will be reduced to one lane at 116th. Construction Alert
- Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project: Ongoing. Project website
- SE 35th Pl: Weekdays, 6:30 am to 7 pm (equipment will not start until 7 am).Single lane closures on sections of SE 35th Pl sections between SE Eastgate Way and 162nd Pl SE. Both lanes of traffic will be open outside of work hours.
- 163rd Ave SE: Weekdays, 6:30 am to 7 pm (equipment will not start until 7 am). Single lane closure on 163rd Ave SE. Both lanes of traffic will be open outside of work hours.
- W Lake Sammamish Pkwy: Weekdays, 9 am to 3 pm. Single lane closure on between the Sunset Pump Station and SE 38th Street. Both lanes of traffic will be open outside of work hours.
Highway Traffic Information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: