Last updated: August 23, 2019
Check the Traffic Advisories map and text below for the latest information about construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks, and trails. (Note: For information on road closures related to ice, snow or flooding, please see the city’s Emergencies and Extreme Weather page).
Click on the orange and red shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
New and updated traffic impacts are listed first. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers.
- NEW -- 300 block of 116th Ave NE: Friday, 8/23, 6 am-6 pm; Saturday, 8/24, 9 am-7 pm; Sunday, 8/25, 9 am-4 pm. Northbound & Southbound lanes reduced to one lane in each direction for tower crane removal.
- NEW -- Lakemont Blvd SE & Newcastle Golf Club Road: Full roadway closure 9/9-16, south of the Coal Creek Natural Area and Red Town Trailhead. During the closure, traffic will be detoured to Forest Drive SE and Coal Creek Parkway SE. Construction Alert
- NEW -- Lakemont Boulevard and Lewis Creek Crossing: Full roadway closure 9/23-30. During the closure, traffic will be detoured to 164th Avenue SE and SE Newport Way. The work is necessary for a new culvert/bridge crossing. Construction Alert
- UPDATED -- Utilities Culvert Replacement Project – Skagit Key: Sun, 8/ 25, 10 am - 5 pm. Bridge work is necessary for new culvert/bridge crossing.
- 164th Ave SE and SE Newport Way: Begins Fri, 8/16, Mon - Fri, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Work is for a mini-roundabout. The Contractor is allowed a maximum of three weekends for a full intersection closure. Weekend work hours will be Sat, 9 am - Sun, 8 pm. Vehicle and bicycle traffic will be detoured to south of I-90 via SE Newport Way, Coal Creek Parkway, Forest Drive SE and Lakemont Boulevard SE, and detoured to north of I-90 via 150th Avenue SE, SE 37th Street, SE 35th Place, SE 34th Street and West Lake Sammamish Parkway SE. Construction Alert
- Pavement Overlay Program
- UPDATED -- SE 8th (140th – 148th Ave SE) – Ongoing through 9/1, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 5 pm. ADA upgrades and roadway resurfacing. Paving operations 8/26 & 8/28, 7 am – 5 pm; expect long delays and use alternate routes, if possible.
East Link Light Rail construction
Please go to the East Link News webpage for additional ongoing construction impacts. Subscribe to receive construction updates from Sound Transit. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signed detours to safely access your destination.
South Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- NEW -- I-405 to westbound I-90 overnight ramp closures and lane reductions on westbound I-90: Sun, 8/25, 8 pm - 5 am.
- Right general purpose lane of westbound I-90: 11 pm to 5 am.
- Left general purpose lane of westbound I-90: 10 pm to 5 am.
- I-405 north to westbound I-90 general purpose ramps: 10 pm to 5 am.
- I-405 south to westbound I-90 ramp: 10 pm to 5 am.
- I-405 south to westbound I-90 HOV ramp: 8 pm to 5 am.
- Richards Rd/ SE 32nd St to westbound I-90 ramps: 9 pm to 5 am.
- I-405 to I-90 detour: from I-405, drivers should follow detour signs to I-90 east. Exit at 150th Ave SE toward Eastgate Way then proceed to the westbound I-90 exit toward Seattle.
- The bus stop on Bellevue Way SE and 112th Avenue SE (at the Park and Ride) will be closed from 5 a.m. on Saturday, August 24 through 9 p.m. on Sunday August, 25.
- NEW -- Turn lane changes to Bellevue Way SE start Sat. 8/24. Center turn lane between SE 30th Street and South Bellevue (future) light rail station will be eliminated. Left turns and U-turns will be allowed from Bellevue Way SE to 112th Ave SE. Bus stop # 84292 on Bellevue Way SE / 112th Av SE will be closed 8/24 at 5am until Sun. 8/25 at 9pm. More details and maps about other changes in construction notice.
- 112th Ave SE between Bellevue Way SE and SE 15th: Begins Mon, 8/19 for approximately 3 months. The northbound lanes of 112th Ave SE will be closed. Traffic will be diverted to the two southbound lanes (one lane in each direction will remain open). Sidewalk access will be maintained on the west side of 112th Ave SE between SE 8th and Bellevue Way SE.
Central Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- NEW -- I-405 weeknight closures, Mon. 8/26 through Thurs. 8/29
- 8/26: Southbound I-405 express toll (HOV) lane and two left lanes between NE 10th St to Main Street closed, 8pm to 5am
- 8/26: NE 6th Street to southbound I-405 on-ramp closed, 9pm to 5am
- 8/27: Northbound I-405 express toll (HOV) lane and two left lanes closed, 8pm to 5am from NE 10th to NE 4th Street
- 8/27: Northbound I-405 off-ramp and southbound on-ramp to/from NE 6th Street closed, 9pm to 5am
- 8/28: Full closure of southbound I-405 from NE 10th St to Main Street, 11:59pm to 4am. Use 13B as alternate route.
- 8/28: Southbound I-405 off-ramp to NE 4th Street (Exit 13A), closed 10pm to 5am
- 8/28: NE 6th Street to southbound I-405 on-ramp closed, 9pm to 5am
- 8/29: Northbound I-405 form NE 10th St to NE 4th Street closed 11:59pm to 4am. Use Exit #13B for alternate route.
- 8/29: Northbound I-405 off-ramp and the southbound on-ramp to/from NE 6th Street closed 9pm to 5am.
- 8/29: NE 4th Street to northbound I-405 on-ramp closed, 10pm to 5am
- NEW -- Southbound 110th Ave NE between NE 6th and NE 8th Street closed: Sat. 8/24, 7am to 8pm. Northbound 110th Ave NE remains open. Pedestrian and bicycle access maintained. Closure needed to bring a crane to help disassemble crane onsite at City Hall.
- ONGOING --110th Ave NE between NE 4th and NE 6th streets: Ongoing through Tues, 11/5. 24-hour, full closure of the northern portion of 110th Ave NE from the driveway to City Hall to NE 6th St. Closure needed for full restoration of the roadway, removal of temporary structures, curb/gutter, sidewalks, paving, installing a permanent mid-block crossing and final adjustments to underground utilities. A temporary pedestrian mid-block crossing will be maintained during the closure. Local access to/from driveways off 110th Ave NE will be maintained and all vehicles must exit southbound. NOTE: Access to City Center Plaza from 110th Ave will be temporarily unavailable during the last weeks of the closure. Brochure on how to access City Hall during the closure.
North Bellevue (BelRed) [Ongoing impacts]
- UPDATED -- 132nd Ave NE and NE Spring Blvd intersection closure: Ongoing through 9/2. Installation of utility crossings of the roadway, storm installation, sewer install, roadway construction
- 120th Ave NE: Ongoing through 8/19. Traffic will be controlled to one lane, for both directions, intermittently, with the aid of flaggers. This work could last for approximately 3 weeks, during daytime and weekday hours. Crews will be making new water service connections within the roadway.
Ongoing general construction impacts
- SE 8th St between 112th Ave SE & 114th Ave SE: Mon-Sat, 9 am – 3 pm. The westbound curb lane will be closed leaving one lane of travel westbound.
- 114th Ave SE from SE 8th St to approximately the 300 block of 114th Ave SE: Ongoing through 8/30. Mon -Fri, 9 am – 3 pm. The southbound curb lane will be closed with one lane of travel for traffic north and south.
- 148th Ave NE and NE 8th St intersection: Ongoing through approximately 9/2, lane closures for the project to replace traffic signals, install new street lights, repair sidewalks and repave intersection. Night work first week, M-F, 9 pm-6 am; Daytime work after that, M-F, 7 am-6 pm. Expect noise and some traffic delays. Construction alert
- 124th Ave NE between NE 12th St/Bel-Red Road and Northup Way: Ongoing. Crews will begin to prepare the roadway for a full closure, beginning in September 2019 and lasting until June 2020. It's the first phase of a project to accommodate growth in the BelRed area and to allow the future passage of the East Link light rail line. During the closure access to businesses will be maintained from each end of the closure. Detour routes will be on 120th, 130th, and 132nd avenues northeast; the truck detour will be on 120th Avenue Northeast. Construction Alert
- Eastgate/Tyee Traffic Safety Improvement Project: Ongoing. Work hours: Mon - Fri, 7 am - 5 pm. There will be temporary lane and road closures in the area. Detours will be clearly marked with appropriate signs directing motorists and pedestrians. Crews will:
Replace the temporary traffic circle at 138th Ave SE and SE 40th St with a mini-roundabout; add a new crosswalk to the west leg of the intersection and add curb ramps on the south leg of the intersection;
Install a new sidewalk separated by a landscaped planter on the west side of 138th Ave SE, between SE Allen Rd and SE 40th St;
Designate parking shoulders on 138th Ave SE/136th Place SE, between SE 40th St and SE 37th St; and
Install colored pavement across 136th Place SE and 146th Ave SE, south of SE 37th St, and install “Residential Area” signs at neighborhood entrances.
- 150th Ave SE from SE Newport Way to 38th St: Ongoing through December 2019. Mon - Fri, 7 am -3 pm. Expect northbound lane closures, 8 am - 5 pm and southbound lane closures, 7 am - 3 pm. This project includes removing existing rockery and replacing it with a gravity block wall on the northbound side of 150th Ave SE, and construction of a new southbound right-turn lane. The new lane will include sidewalk from Newport Way down the west side of 150th Ave SE to the six homes along this section of the roadway.
- Glacier Key and Skagit Key bridge construction at Coal Creek: Ongoing through November 2019. Full 24-hour closure. These locations will remain closed until the work is complete. Project website
- 158th Pl SE from Lake Hills to Main: Mon - Fri, Ongoing through 8/31, 7 am - 5 pm. The contractor will be installing a watermain line.
- Bel-Red Rd and 148th Ave NE and Bel-Red Rd and 152nd Pl NE: Ongoing. Work hours: Mon - Fri, 6:30 am - 3:30 pm and Sat, 9 am - 6 pm. The Utilities Department is upgrading the existing water system facilities. Construction alert
- 116th Ave NE & NE 12th St: Ongoing, 24 hours, 7 days a week. Westbound NE 12th will be reduced to one lane at 116th. Construction Alert
- Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project: Ongoing. Project website
Highway Traffic Information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: