Last updated: April 1, 2020
Check the Traffic Advisories map and text below for the latest information about construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks, and trails. This page is regularly updated. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the orange and red shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
New and updated traffic impacts are listed first. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers.
- NEW -- NE 24th St (between 130th – 136th Ave NE): 4/7 – 4/8/20. 8:30 am – 5 pm. Paving operations.
- Check out the Pavement Preservation Update for paving locations and approximate work dates. For more information about the paving program, go to the Pavement Preservation Program webpage.
- 111th Ave NE (from NE 39th Pl to 115th Ave NE) & 112th Ave NE to 113th Ave NE: Ongoing. Mon - Fri, 8 am – 5 pm. Upgrading ADA ramps ahead of paving operations.
- NE 24th St (between 136th – 148th Ave NE): 4/1 – 4/13/20. Mon – Fri, 8:00 pm – 5:00 am. Paving operations.
- EXTENDED -- 100th Ave NE and NE 10th Street mini-roundabout: (Project webpage)
- The intersection will be closed till through Sun,4/12. Work hours are Mon - Fri, 7 am to 6 pm and Sat - Sun, 8 am to 6 pm. Closure was extended due to utilities work.
- 4/13 - 5/11, Mon – Fri, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. Lane closures with flagging operations.
East Link Light Rail construction
Please go to the East Link News webpage for additional ongoing construction impacts. Subscribe to receive construction updates from Sound Transit. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signed detours to safely access your destination.
South Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- No new updates as of 3/27/20.
Central Bellevue [Ongoing impacts]
- NEW--NE 8th Street between 116th Avenue NE and 120th Avenue NE (adjacent to Whole Foods Market) Lane Closures: Starts Mon. 3/30; lasting for approximately 4-5 weeks. Work hours: Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Curb work to build median island on NE 8th Street
NEW-- NE 8th Street between 116th Avenue NE and 120th Avenue NE (adjacent to Whole Foods Market) Nightly Full Closures: Mon. 4/6 through Thurs. 4/9, 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m. Painting of the light rail bridge above NE 8th Street. Work is weather dependent.
110th Ave NE at NE 4th St and at NE 2nd St: Ongoing. Work hours: Mon-Sat, 7 am - 3 pm. Sidewalk and lane closure adjacent to curb corner work (at all corners) at these two intersections. Work is in preparation for grind and overlay of 110th Ave NE between Main St and NE 4th St in spring 2020. Access to Summit Building (PSE) garage, Skyline Tower garage and all parking lots will be maintained. Follow detours. Construction Alert
North Bellevue (BelRed) [Ongoing impacts]
NEW-- 132nd Ave NE and NE Spring Blvd. Intersection Closure: Mon. 4/6 through Fri. 4/10. No through traffic allowed but local access for businesses on 132nd Ave NE maintained. Follow detours. On-street parking restrictions on 132nd Ave NE. Full closure needed to for installation of utility crossings and light rail systems. Construction alert
- EXTENDED --130th Ave NE mid-roadway full closure near NE 15th Place: Mon, 3/9 - Mon. 3/30. Closure needed to install rail and rail signal infrastructure. No through traffic allowed. Access to businesses will be maintained. Follow detours (via 132nd Ave NE). On-street parking restrictions. Construction alert and map
- Reminder: A portion of 124th Ave NE is closed between NE 12th St/Bel-Red Road and Northup Way.
- NE Spring Blvd between 136th Pl NE and 137th Pl NE: Ongoing through spring 2020. Eastbound lane closure needed for roadway, rail, and sidewalk buildout. Local access and driveway access to businesses on NE Spring Blvd will be maintained. Construction Alert
Ongoing general construction impacts
- 100th Ave north of NE 1st St and on NE 1st St between 100th Ave NE and 103rd Ave NE: Ongoing through May. (Project webpage)
- 100th Ave NE: Work hours are Mon - Fri, 9 am to 4 pm. The project will be in flagging operation on the northbound lane of 100th Ave NE and the two-way left-turn lane will be closed. Northbound traffic will be detoured.
- NE 1st St: Work hours are Mon - Fri, 9 am to 4 pm. The street will be fully closed between 102nd Ave NE and 103rd Ave NE.
- NE 1st St: Work hours are Mon - Fri, 9 am to 4 pm. The westbound lane between 100th Ave NE and 101st Ave NE will be closed.
- 150th between Newport Way and 38th St SE: Ongoing. Mon – Fri, 10 am – 4 pm. Primarily affects the west side of the roadway, which is southbound. Daily lane closures to widen the roadway and put in walls, sidewalks, lighting, etc.
- 102nd Ave NE between NE 31st Pl & NE 34th St: Ongoing. Mon – Fri 7 am – 3:30 pm work will take approx. 2 weeks to complete. Water main installation as part of the Utilities 2019 AC Watermain Replacement Project.
- 148th Ave NE and NE 8th St Traffic Signal Upgrade Project: Ongoing. Mon - Fri, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm. Work will be for the reconstruction of sidewalks and wheelchair ramps and removal of existing old traffic signal poles.
- Lake Hills-Phantom Lake Transmission Line (NE 8th St and 148th Ave SE): Ongoing through December 2020. Work hours: Mon-Fri: 9 am - 3 pm | Sat: 8 am - 6 pm | Sun: 9 am to 6 pm. Project webpage
- Construction is expected to occur in three phases:
- Phase 1: Vegetation removal
- Phase 2: Pole and wire installation
- Phase 3: Landscaping and restoration
- Construction: January-June 2020, landscaping and restoration: September-December 2020
- Construction is expected to occur in three phases:
- Cherry Crest Pump Station: Ongoing, 7 am – 4 pm, Mon - Fri. Watch for detours and road closures.
- 127th Ave NE from NE 24th to NE 29th
- NE 29th St from 127th Ave to 126th Ave
- 126th Ave NE from NE 29th to NE 30th
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail: Ongoing. Early traffic impacts will include a temporary lower speed limit (25 mph) and narrower lanes on SE 36th St from Factoria Blvd to 132nd Ave SE. The off-ramp from eastbound I-90 to Factoria Blvd/Richards Rd nightly from 9 pm to 5 am. Hours will vary and construction schedules are subject to change. Project webpage
- 177th Ave NE and NE 16th St: Ongoing. Mon - Fri, 9 am to 3:30 pm, with the exception of Wed (no work). Bellevue Utilities Department contractors will be making repairs to critical storm drains. Please anticipate some delays. A portion of the sidewalk along NE 16th St will be closed for access. Project map
- SE 35th Pl/SE 34th St, from 163rd Pl SE to 164th Pl SE; and SE Eastgate Way, 161st Ave to SE 35th Pl: Ongoing. Pedestrians and bicyclists will be detoured at times. Detour map. The work is part of King County's Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project. Project website
Highway Traffic Information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: