Pavement condition data is collected for all 1,100-plus lane miles of public streets every two years. It’s used to predict needed preservation work and to determine the best timing to maximize resources. A five-year pavement preservation plan is used to coordinate with other public and private projects. The types of work done under this program include:
- Resurfacing long stretches of roadways with fresh asphalt, typically done between April and October
- Upgrading curb ramps and replacing sidewalks
- Pavement sealing
- New pavement markings
Where are we working this week?
Check the Pavement Preservation Update for information about paving locations and approximate work dates.
Report a road hazard
To report pothole, sidewalk hazard or road hazard that requires attention, contact the Operations and Maintenance 24-hour Emergency Response line at 425-452-7840 or email OMSupport@bellevuewa.gov. Call 911 to report more urgent issues.
For contractors, engineers and project owners
The City of Bellevue requires paving contractors to be pre-qualified annually in order to perform paving operations on arterial roadways. Proper equipment and quality workmanship are essential to meeting the city's construction standards. Pre-qualification helps ensure quality paving by verifying contractor's equipment and past project performance.
The requirements for pavement restoration following trenching or other disturbance are based on the Pavement Restoration Requirement Map (2021 map. The 2022 version will replace it once available) Please see the city's Design Manual, Section 23, for additional information on pavement restoration.
Bridge Preservation Program
The purpose of the Bridge Preservation Program is to perform federally required inspections on Bellevue's bridges and to complete needed maintenance work.
List of pavement projects for completion in 2022
2022 pavement overlay locations:
- 105th Avenue SE – Main Street to Wolverine Way
- 112th Avenue SE – SE Bellevue Way to SE 8th Street
- 137th Avenue SE – SE Somerset Lane to SE 44th Street
- 138th Avenue SE – SE Somerset Lane to 139th Avenue SE
- 140th Avenue – SE 8th Street to NE 8th Street
- 142nd Avenue SE bridge deck
- 148th/150th Ave SE – SE 8th Street to SE 38th Street
- 168th/169th/170th Place SE (public roadways in The Pinnacle neighborhood)
- Cougar Mt Drive – SE 60th Street to City Limit
- Main Street – 140th Avenue NE to 156th Avenue NE
- Northup Way – W Lk Samm Pkwy to NE 8th Street
- NE 8th Street – 168th Pl NE to Northup Way
- NE 12th Street – 100th Ave NE to End of Road
- SE Somerset Lane – SE Somerset Drive to 140th Ave SE
- Various locations citywide for Utilities Department projects (see map)
2022 pavement seal project locations:
- 114th Avenue NE south of NE 19th Street
- 115th Avenue NE south of NE 19th Street
- NE 19th Street west of 116th Ave NE
- NE 20th Street west of 116th Ave NE
- NE 21st Street west of 116th Ave NE
- Various local streets in the Cherry Crest neighborhood (see map)
- Various local streets in the Apple Valley neighborhood (see map)
- Various local street in the Bellewood Farms neighborhood (see map)