Bellevue’s Comprehensive Plan is updated about every 10 years. The 2024 update, to guide Bellevue’s development through 2044, is now underway. The update includes an environmental impact statement as a requirement of the State Environmental Policy Act. The EIS includes additional analysis in the Wilburton neighborhood area.
Environmental Review Process
In progress: Final Environmental Impact Statement: Future Land Use Maps (land use to be studied in the FEIS)
Jun 12, 2023: Public Comment Period ended: Compilation of DEIS Comments (Updated on June 30, 2023 with previously left out comments)
April 27, 2023: Draft Environmental Impact Statement released, Public Comment Period Opens
Oct. 31, 2022: Scoping Public Comment Period Ends
Sept. 29, 2022: Determination of Significance
Draft Environmental Impact Statement
The draft EIS identifies and analyzes potential unavoidable or adverse impacts and mitigations measures that could result from the Bellevue 2024–2044 Comprehensive Plan Periodic Update and Wilburton Vision Implementation.
Members of the public, affected tribes and agencies were invited to comment on the DEIS April 27 to June 12.
- Learn more about the DEIS: DEIS Fact Sheet
- Learn more about housing in the DEIS: Housing Fact Sheet
- Learn more about the Wilburton study area and the DEIS: Wilburton Fact Sheet
- Public Meetings were held May 18, May 23 and June 1
- Compilation of all comments received on the DEIS: DEIS Comments (Updated on June 30, 2023 with previously left out comments)
How to Provide Meaningful Comment
How to Provide Meaningful Comment
The DEIS comment period is closed. The DEIS analyzes the proposed alternatives. Alternatives are different ways of achieving the proposal’s purpose and need and serve as the basis for environmental analysis relative to elements of the environment. Alternatives under consideration provide a range of capacities to accommodate housing and job growth, housing types, and investments in infrastructure citywide and in the Wilburton study area.
A separate analysis is prepared for each alternative. The purpose of the analysis is to estimate the nature, severity, and duration of potential impacts that might occur and to compare the impacts of the alternatives. Learn more about the DEIS alternatives. The DEIS is made available to the public for review and comment.
DEIS comments that are clear, concise, and relevant will improve the final documents. Please use explanations, facts, and references, as appropriate.
We want to hear your comments on:
- What you think about the alternatives and policies and how they best reflect the City of Bellevue’s needs
- Accuracy of information in the DEIS
- Assumptions used in the environmental analysis
- Where clarification is needed
When the public comment period is finished, the city will analyze comments, conduct further analysis as necessary, and prepare the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS). The response to public comments will be published in the FEIS.
Ways to Comment During DEIS Process:
- IN-PERSON MEETING #1 -- May 23, 2023, 6 p.m.
Crossroads Community Center,16000 NE 10th St
- IN-PERSON MEETING #2 -- June 1, 2023, 6 p.m.
Bellevue City Hall, 450 110th Ave.
- VIRTUAL MEETING -- May 18, 2023, 6 p.m.
Register for all meetings at: bit.ly/bellevuedeismtgs
- ONLINE OR EMAIL -- Submit by 4:30 p.m., June 12, 2023
via online portal (bit.ly/deiscomment)
or via email (CompPlan2044EIS@bellevuewa.gov).
- BY MAIL: Postmarked by June 12, 2023
City of Bellevue Development Services
Department, Attn: Elizabeth Stead
450 110th Ave NE, Bellevue WA 98004
The DEIS was released April 27, 2023. The 45-day comment period was open until June 12, 2023 (45 days). The analysis for the FEIS (including analysis of the implications of HB1110 and HB1337) is in progress.
- Future Land Use Maps (land use to be studied in the FEIS)
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement (complete, note: large document)
- Chapter 1: Executive Summary
- Chapter 2: Alternatives
- Chapter 3: Land Use Patterns & Urban Form
- Chapter 4: Plans & Policies
- Chapter 5: Population & Employment
- Chapter 6: Aesthetics
- Chapter 7: Housing
- Chapter 8: Air Quality
- Chapter 9: Noise
- Chapter 10: Public Services & Utilities
- Chapter 11: Transportation
- Chapter 12: Cumulative Impacts
- Chapter 13: Distribution List
- Appendix A: Scoping Information
- Appendix B: Land Use Patterns & Urban Form
- Appendix C: Traffic Data
- Appendix D: Historic Resources Survey
- Appendix E: Memo - Plants & Animals
- Appendix F: Memo - Water
- Appendix G: Memo - Relationship of Climate Vulnerability to the Alternatives
- Appendix H: Equity and Environmental Sustainability Metrics
- Appendix J: Air Quality and Land Use Planning Report
- Notice of Availability
- Information on the Wilburton Vision Implementation
- DEIS Fact Sheet
- DEIS Comments
The City of Bellevue issued a determination of significance on Sept. 29, 2022. After a scoping period that ended Oct. 31, 2022, the scope of the environmental review was revised.
- Update to Scope of EIS (revised 2/20/2023)
- Summary of Comments Received During Scoping Period
- Attachments (note: large file)
Vietnamese - Tiếng việt
Để yêu cầu định dạng khác, dịch vụ thông dịch hoặc hỗ trợ điều chỉnh hợp lý, xin gọi trước ít nhất 48 giờ tới số 425-452-5215 (cuộc gọi thoại) hoặc gởi email về email@example.com(External link). Với các khiếu nại về sự điều chỉnh, xin liên lạc với Quản Trị Viên Đạo Luật Người Khuyết Tật Hoa Kỳ (Americans with Disabilities Act, ADA)/Tiêu Đề VI của Thành Phố Bellevue theo số 425-452-6168 (cuộc gọi thoại) hoặc gởi email về ADATitleVI@bellevuewa.gov(External link). Nếu quý vị bị điếc hoặc lãng tai, xin gọi số 711.
Đề xuất Phi dự án (DEIS)
Korean - 한국어
Spanish - Español
La Ciudad de Bellevue garantiza que ninguna persona será excluida de participar, no se le denegarán beneficios, ni estará de otra manera sujeta a discriminación en cualquier programa o actividad de la Ciudad de Bellevue, por motivos de raza, color, origen nacional o sexo, según lo previsto en el Artículo VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964 y los estatutos relacionados. Para más información, por favor comuníquese con Service First llamando al 425-452-6800.
Propuesta no vinculada a un proyecto (DEIS)
Russian - русский язык
Администрация города Беллевью гарантирует, что в рамках ее любой программы или деятельности никому не будет отказано в участии, никто не будет лишен доступа ко льготам или подвергнут какой-либо дискриминации по признаку расы, цвета кожи, страны происхождения или пола, как предусмотрено в разделе VI Закона о гражданских правах 1964 года и сопутствующих законодательных актах.Для получения дополнительной информации обращайтесь в Service First по телефону 425-452-6800.
Непроектное предложение (DEIS)