The Arts Commission advises the City Council regarding the arts in Bellevue. The commission may hold public meetings and make studies, analyses and reports requested by the council and may perform the following functions:
- Serve as a clearinghouse for concerns and ideas about arts
- Enlarge the art consciousness of Bellevue
- Encourage multi-age working, sharing, learning and teaching in the arts
- Encourage and recognize local artists
- Explore financing for acquisitions related to the arts
- Establish a long-range plan for the development and operation of a cultural center
- Make recommendations as requested by the City Council
- Review the suitability of art works intended as gifts to the city.
The Arts Commission meets at 4:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at City Hall in Conference Room 1E-109.
There are occasional changes to this schedule. Meeting dates, times and topics are available on the agendas. Sign up for Alerts to receive emails or texts about upcoming meetings. The meetings are open to the public, and you are welcome to attend.
The Commission works to implement Cultural Compass, the city's plan for developing arts and culture in our community. Ongoing programs include the city's Public Art program and its Eastside Arts Partnerships and Special Projects grants, which provide direct support to artists and arts organizations serving Bellevue.
The commission is currently working on:
Creative Economy Strategy
Grand Connection Arts & Cultural Element
Lattawood Park Public Art Project
Lake Hills Utility Poles Public Art Project
Meydenbauer Bay Park Public Art Projects
Members & Terms
Arts Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor and City Council to no more than two (2) consecutive terms of four years. Terms expire on May 31 of the final year of the term. Commissioners appointed to fill partial terms of less than two years are eligible to serve for an additional two full terms.
|Ashmita Gulati||Term #1 ends 2021|
|Maria Lau Hui||Term #1 ends 2019|
|Trudi Jackson||Term #2 ends 2019|
|Rebecca Lewis||Term #1 ends 2018|
|Philip Malkin (Vice Chair)||Term #2 ends 2021|
|Paul Manfredi (Chair)||Term #2 ends 2021|
|Carl Wofteich||Term #1 ends 2018 |