The City Council is currently seeking candidates for vacancies on the Arts, Planning and Transportation commissions, as well as the Library and Parks & Community Services boards. You can apply online. Applications are due by 5 p.m., Monday, April 19, 2021.
The Parks & Community Services Board advises the City Council on parks and open space issues such as:
- Park planning, design and construction
- Development, redevelopment, and renovation
- Enterprise management
- Natural resources, land stewardship and environmental education.
The Board also advises the City Council on policies regarding community services issues such as:
- Recreation opportunities for a wide range of interests, ages and abilities.
- Community centers.
- Parks & Community Services Department-related special events.
Comprised of seven Bellevue residents, appointed by the mayor with the concurrence of the City Council. Terms are four years each and expire on May 31 of the last year of the term. No one may serve more than two consecutive terms.
- Heather Trescases, Chair - term ends 5/31/21
- David Hamilton*, Vice-Chair - term ends 5/31/24
- Paul Clark - term ends 5/31/22
- Stuart Heath* - term ends 5/31/21
- Debra Kumar* - term ends 5/31/22
- Eric Synn* - term ends 5/31/23
- Pamela Unger - term ends 5/31/24
- City Council Liaison to the Board - Councilmember Janice Zahn
* Denotes board member serving second term.
Unless otherwise noted on the agenda, the Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month, 6 p.m., City Hall, Council Conference Room (1E-113). The meeting site is wheelchair accessible. American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation is available upon request. Please call 48 hours in advance: 425-452-5262 (TDD) or 425-452-4162 (Voice).
Contacting the Board
Since City Hall is closed due to COVID-19, the most efficient way to contact the Board is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.