The Parks & Community Services Board advises the City Council on parks and open space issues such as:
- Park planning, design and construction
- Development, redevelopment, and renovation
- Enterprise management
- Natural resources, land stewardship and environmental education.
The Board also advises the City Council on policies regarding community services issues such as:
- Recreation opportunities for a wide range of interests, ages and abilities.
- Community centers.
- Parks & Community Services Department-related special events.
Comprised of seven Bellevue residents, appointed by the mayor with the concurrence of the City Council. Terms are four years each and expire on May 31 of the last year of the term. No one may serve more than two consecutive terms.
- Paul Clark, Chair* - term ends 5/31/26
- Rowena Clima, Vice-Chair - term ends 5/31/26
- Eileen Chou - term ends 5/31/24
- David Hamilton* - term ends 5/31/24
- Elizabeth Kronoff - term ends 5/31/25
- Heather Trescases* - term ends 5/31/25
- Michelle Valverde - term ends 5/31/27
- City Council Liaison to the Board - Councilmember John Stokes
* Denotes board member serving second term.
Unless otherwise noted on the agenda, the Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month, 6 p.m., City Hall, Council Conference Room (1E-113). The meeting site is wheelchair accessible. American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation is available upon request. Please call 48 hours in advance: 425-452-5262 (TDD) or 425-452-4162 (Voice).
Contacting the Board
You are welcome to communicate with the Parks & Community Services Board at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. Please be aware that your email is a public record and may be published in the monthly board meeting agenda packet. You may attend any board meeting (in person or virtually) to speak during the public participation section of the meeting. Speaker registration instructions, online sign-up, and public participation rules are available on the Parks & Community Services Board Oral Communications and Public Hearing webpages.