The LEOFF 1 Disability Board approves medical claims for active and retired fire and police LEOFF 1 members, and approves disability leaves and retirements for active fire and police LEOFF 1 members in accordance with provisions of RCW 41.26, WAC 415-105, and the City of Bellevue Disability Board policies and procedures.
The board is composed of five members:
- two City Council members appointed by the mayor;
- one representative of law enforcement officers and one representative of firefighters, both elected by the representative active and retired LEOFF I and LEOFF II constituents; and
- one citizen-at-large who resides in Bellevue appointed by the other four members.
Each elected member may serve a two-year term.
The board meets the first Tuesday of the month at City Hall, at 6 p.m. in Room 1E-118. In the event the regular meeting day is a holiday, the meeting is moved to the following Tuesday. Meetings are open to the public.
- Councilmembers: Lynne Robinson and Janice Zahn
- Fire Representative: Mike Crosby
- Police Representative: Bryan Reil, 425-442-9770
- Citizen-at-large: Susan Neiman
- Staff Assistant: Steve Treperinas, 425-452-7198