Crossroads Mini City Hall is a neighborhood service center extending city services and community connections to East Bellevue residents. A fully equipped satellite office inside Crossroads Shopping Center, the Mini City Hall specializes in personalized customer service and outreach to Bellevue's diverse population. Service is provided in eight languages and staff is available to provide information and assistance to visitors Monday through Saturday, 10 am-6 pm
Mini City Hall Services Include:
- Information and referral
- Connection to city and community services
- Quick response to concerns
- Information about jobs
- City bill payment location
- Multi-language materials and services
- Community events
Mini City Hall Volunteer Opportunity
Hours: At least 3 hours per week
Job site: Mini City Hall
Commitment: Minimum One Year
Work environment: Office
See "Rock Stars Wanted" flyer for more details!
Help customers with questions and provide information and referral to city and community programs and services. Accept city water/sewer payments, use the dual receiver language line phone to provide service to customers who speak limited English. Assist with special projects. Keep stock of informational materials on display up to date. Training will be provided.
- Knowledge of local government structure.
- Knowledge of Bellevue community programs and services.
- Experience working with a diverse community.
- Experience with computers and software, including Word, email, Access and the Internet.
- Fluency in a second language not required, but a plus.
To apply, Email resume to Ying Carlson at email@example.com. Good candidates will meet with the coordinator for an informational interview to see if their availability and goals fit this position.
The City of Bellevue provides volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference and/or disability.
Cultural Navigator Program
- Phone Interpretation (more than 100 languages)
- Confidential social service assistance to individuals and families with limited English
- Employment, ESL classes, applications for financial assistance
- Accessing medical, legal and financial services
- Assistance with children’s school issues, housing
- Starting a business, recreational activities, childcare resource
Health Care Information & Assistance
Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
- Medicare questions
- Assess health care coverage needs
- Determine general eligibility for health care coverage programs
- Evaluate and compare health insurance plans and programs
- Provide enrollment help with Medicare
- Speak with 1-800 Medicare on your behalf
- Make referrals to other agencies and programs
- Collect and report possible fraud complaints
International Community Health Services (ICHS)
- Apple Health Insurance (Medicaid)
- Information about Obamacare
- Access to healthcare marketplace
- Health Insurance for children
- Access to healthcare marketplace
- Utility assistance programs (LIHEAP and PSE)
- Childcare resources
- Basic Food Program
- ORCA Lift card
King County Library System (KCLS) Computer Coach
- Search for jobs and apply online
- Help set up email accounts
- Stay connected to friends and family through email or Facebook
- Navigate your tablet and learn to download free ebooks
- Geared toward absolute beginners and those wanting to improve their computer skills for work, home and school
In-Person Multilingual Service Hours:
(Phone interpretation in more than 100 languages is also available)
|Hindi, Bengali, Urdu||10-3||10-6|
|Cultural Navigator (Spanish)||2-6||10-6||10-6|
|Cultural Navigator (Russian)||10-3
|ICHS Health Care Enrollment||10-2||10-2|
|KCLS Computer Coach||2-4|