Hear what your neighbors have to say about NEP and learn about the process from this informational video: What is NEP?
West Bellevue NEP now in voting phase through July 23
West Bellevue residents - 10 projects are on your ballot. Now’s the time to vote for your top three projects.
Simply return the POSTAGE PAID ballot that each household received in early June to determine which projects will be funded with the $294,000 budget allocated for your neighborhood area.
Deadline for voting is Friday, July 23, 2021.
Voting is BY MAIL ONLY and limited to ONE BALLOT PER HOUSEHOLD ADDRESS.
For specific project details, go to the West Bellevue webpage by clicking the Neighborhood Areas link to the left.
Woodridge NEP now in project scoping phase
The project submission phase for NEP in the Woodridge area closed on May 19. City staff will now evaluate the ideas that residents submitted against NEP criteria and will present the eligible projects to be included on a ballot at a virtual public Open House on September 9. Keep an eye on your mailbox and Nextdoor for complete meeting details.
When NEP comes to your neighborhood area, it follows a sequence that includes the following steps.
- Solicitation: Residents submit project ideas (mail, website or kick-off meeting).
- Scoping: Staff review project ideas using screening criteria and generate ballot projects.
- Preview: Residents review ballot projects at public open house.
- Voting: Households in the neighborhood area receive ballots in the mail to vote for three projects of their choice.
- Implementation: The city implements projects that receive the most votes within five years.