Sign Permits

Header Image

We issue sign permits for a variety of sign types like: awnings, building-mounted, blade, free-standing, illuminated, and monument. Learn more about sign requirements by zone.

Sign Permits are required for all signs erected, altered or relocated. There are limitations on the number, size and type of signs permitted. Building review may be required for certain permanent commercial signs. Sign permits may or may not include electrical. 

Apply Online

All sign permit applications must be submitted online through MyBuildingPermit. We will not accept paper applications or plans.

Learn more about our online permitting services.

Sign Permits in Bellevue

Permanent Signs

Permanent commercial signs, including freestanding or building-mounted signs, or signs displayed on an awning. May include building review. May or may not include electrical. (SA)

Temporary Signs

Non-permanent signs intended for use for a short time, such as construction, initial lease-up/sales period, grand opening, for sale/rent, open house and residential land division. (SC)

List of Submittal Documents

Submit the following documents and information as they apply to your project. During the application process, if a document is requested that you feel does not apply to your project, upload the Document Waiver Form in place of the requested document.

Access these links to assist you with your permit and plan submittals





Permit Processing
for Permit and Fee Information
Business Hours
8 a.m. to 4 p.m., weekdays
10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Wednesdays