The Donation Bench Program allows individuals and organizations to commemorate an anniversary, celebrate a life, or honor the memory of a loved one by donating a bench to be placed in one of Bellevue’s beautiful parks. Acceptance, placement, and installation decisions are made by the Parks & Community Services Department and must fit with the parks master plans and/or existing conditions within the park site. A donation of $4,600.00 will generally cover the cost of the bench, plaque, installation and maintenance fees for its useful life time. There may be some additional costs depending on the location installation requirements. Please contact the Parks & Community Services Department for information about other donations. Donation Bench Program Guide
The applicant/donor can request a park site/location on the application however the Parks & Community Services Department will make the final placement decision.
The plaque will be furnished by the city. The plaque will be:
- 1/4” thick etched bronze material
- 8” wide x 2” high size
- The plaque may not exceed four lines with approximately 24-26 characters per line.
- All plaque details, including text, must be in the form indicated on the application and must be approved by the Parks & Community Services Department.
A donation of $4,600.00 will generally cover the cost of the bench, plaque, installation and maintenance fees for its useful lifetime. There may be some additional costs depending on the location installation requirements. Any other request will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Donation Bench Terms and Conditions
- The city is under no obligation to accept a gift or donation, even if the gift or donation otherwise meets the criteria set forth herein.
- All donations to the City of Bellevue will become property of the City of Bellevue and the city reserves the right to remove or relocate any and all donated items at any time.
- Donations must be consistent with the Master Plans and with existing conditions and needs at the specific park site.
- All donation requests must be submitted in writing.
- The plaque attached to the bench will be the only recognition of the donation.
- The Parks & Community Services Department is the final decision-maker with regard to acceptance, placement, and installation.
- The city will maintain the bench for its useful lifetime. The bench will be removed when it becomes unsafe to sit on or if it is vandalized in a manner that makes it visually unacceptable. The city will not be responsible for replacing any damaged or vandalized items. The city will notify the donor when the bench has to be removed and will give the original donor the opportunity to renew the gift and donate a replacement bench.
- The City of Bellevue procedures, policies & fees outlined in this guide are subject to periodic review and change.
Complete and submit form below. All applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.