The Bellevue Botanical Garden features cultivated display gardens, natural wetlands and a woodland trail, displaying the best plants and gardening practices for healthy, beautiful Northwest gardens. Visitors are welcome any day, from dawn to dusk.
With 300,000 visitors a year, the garden is one of the city's most popular destinations – the perfect place for a quiet moment to enjoy the beauty of the Northwest. Docents offer guided tours, providing details about the plants and displays. The Botanical Garden opened in 1992, and thrives because of strong community support, including a partnership between the city and the Bellevue Botanical Garden Society.
In addition to a variety of beautiful displays, the Botanical Garden offers engaging and educational programs. Hundreds of volunteers provide essential support for the Garden.
- Restrooms can be found in the visitor center.
- Parking and admission to the Botanical Garden are free.
- Copper Kettle Coffee Bar is open daily.
- Trillium gift shop offers garden-inspired and seasonal gifts, with online shopping also available.
- Professional photography permits are considered with at least one week’s notice. Complete a photography permit request and send to email@example.com.
- Garden d'Lights will be November 25 to December 31.
Accessible restrooms are located in the administration building and in the Shorts House. Accessible parking is available in the Garden's parking lot. Wheelchairs are not available at the Bellevue Botanical Garden. For your convenience, you may rent a wheelchair from these companies:
- Bellevue Healthcare - 425-451-2842
- Allcare - 425-455-8330
- Wheels to Go (Seattle) - 206-622-2662
- Wheelchair Haven (Renton) - 253-242-5922
Professional Photography Guidelines
To ensure a positive session while maintaining a pleasant experience for our many visitors, please follow these guidelines.
- Keep pathways clear
- Stay out of planting beds
- You are welcome to walk on the lawns
- Do not disturb or remove plants, plant parts, plant labels, markers, or containers
- Do not climb on the rocks or in the trees
- Please be courteous of other visitors’ expectations for a peaceful visit to the Garden
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the Garden; service animals only are allowed.
- We do not have changing rooms or facilities for indoor photography
- While we do not allow weddings at the Garden, we do allow wedding photography
The Aaron Education Center was completed in 2014 and is the ideal setting for meetings, events, classes, lectures and plant sales. Use of facilities is restricted to nonprofit group activities, with priority given to Garden partner groups conducting business in support of Garden operations. Check availability and make reservations though the facilities coordinator at 425-452-2750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that other than service animals, dogs and other pets are not allowed at the Bellevue Botanical Garden.