The Winters House was built in 1929 in Mission Revival style for $32,000 by Frederick and Cecilia Winters. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992, and is the only nationally-designated property in the city of Bellevue. It is on Bellevue Way, on the west side of the Mercer Slough Nature Park. It is easily accessible, yet borders a quiet, natural setting.
The Interpretive Viewing Terrace is located on the back side of the house. The 675 square foot terrace features terra-cotta style tiles, a sitting wall, wood trellis and beautifully landscaped grounds.