SBCC Program Updates
Check this page often for new information and additions to program offerings.
- We have expanded our hours of operation to include M/W afternoons and T/Th early mornings! See our full schedule listed under ‘Hours of Operation’ or on the sidebar under 'Hours'.
- Cycling with Joan is FREE for Summer! Take advantage of the early sunrises and get a great cardio workout first thing in the morning! Preregistration is required. View the schedule, descriptions and links to register.
- Personal Training sessions are now available! You can schedule a virtual or in-person training session with one of our amazing trainers. Please call 425-452-4240 or email SBCC for more information.
- Drop-in Sports are back! Adult Pickleball and Badminton sessions are available with a max of four players on each court (two courts total). Pre-registration is required, and we ask that all participants bring their own equipment. View the schedule under 'Drop-In Sports'.
- Summer Camps are open for registration! Reserve a spot for your child in one of our exciting and fun week-long camps! We offer gymnastics, karate, climbing, and dance camps! Pre-registration is required. Search by location ‘ South Bellevue Community Center’ - View and Register for Camps here.
South Bellevue Community Center - "A Partnership for a Healthy Community" - this 32,000 square foot, full-service facility resides in the 40-acre Eastgate Park and includes two full-size gymnasiums, two classroom/meeting rooms, multi-purpose/banquet room with a full kitchen, fitness center with a full array of cardio and weight equipment, mirrored dance studio, indoor climbing wall, and a large, open lobby. Eastgate Park includes the Bellevue Challenge Course & Zip Tour, hiking trails, outdoor playground, picnic tables, two tennis courts and a baseball field.
South Bellevue Community Center (SBCC) is operated in partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue (BGCB). The City of Bellevue's Parks & Community Services Department is the primary program provider for preschool-age children, adults, seniors, specialized recreation, family special events, fitness and wellness, human services and facility rentals at SBCC. The BGCB provides programs and services primarily for children, youth and teens (K-19), including after-school, late night and out-of-school activities.
SBCC provides a range of drop-in and structured classes and activities that focus on active lifestyles, health and wellness. Participation in SBCC programs encourages individuals and families to "be active." SBCC is more than a place to pump weights; it is a place where you can make improvements in how you live your life. Activities are available for all levels of health and fitness that give participants an opportunity to meet new people, learn a new skill, and better their lives by getting and staying active.
SBCC also offers opportunities for community gatherings, social events, and business meetings. Several special events are hosted annually that bring the South Bellevue community together in fun and engaging ways. Individuals, groups and businesses may reserve parts of the center for private functions.
Mission: Through partnerships and exceptional customer service, the South Bellevue Community Center provides accessible opportunities for recreation, fitness, education and celebrations to build a healthy community.
Inclement Weather Plan
Call 425-452-4240 before travelling to South Bellevue Community Center to ensure the facility is open.
In the event of inclement weather, the Parks & Community Services Department will make every effort to communicate the status of facilities and programs, special events and rentals. Administration will decide whether to cancel a program or close a facility based upon the safety of participants and employees and the ability to appropriately staff programs and facilities.
As a general rule, if the Bellevue School District is closed due to a weather event, Parks & Community Services Department classes and programs will be cancelled for the entire day. If the Bellevue School District is on a delayed schedule, call the facility for an updated status report. Select facilities may be open for drop-in activities at a modified level. If you are unable to reach the facility, call the Parks & Community Services Department's general information number at 425-452-6885. Inclement weather can affect park use and trail conditions. Please use caution when visiting park sites during poor weather, as trails and other park facilities may become wet and slippery. Park trails may be closed.