The South Bellevue Community Center, operated in partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue, is a 32,000 square-foot facility in Eastgate Park. SBCC features two full-size gymnasiums, two classroom/meeting rooms, a multi-purpose/banquet room with a full kitchen, a fitness center with a full array of cardio and weight equipment, mirrored dance studio, indoor climbing wall and a large, open lobby.
Discussion Topic: Light - What is it? What are its basic principles/ What is its quantum nature?
Discussions moderated by Minas Tanielian, PhD.
- Date/Time: June 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Event flyer
Body & Mind - Expanded Offerings!
We are expanding offerings in the ‘Body & Mind’ category that offer science-proven methods to help you relax, reduce stress, and release tension!
Scroll down to learn more about our new classes, 'Forest Bathing' and 'Sound Bath'.
Sound Bath - Ages 13+
- Instructor: Kim Lee – a local Bellevue resident who is certified and experienced in Life Coaching, Hypnotherapy, and Sound Healing.
- Brief class description: A sound bath is a meditative practice with waves of soothing, echoing sound from traditional wind and crystal bowl instruments. Learning to focus on the sound waves may help participants feel a decrease in stress, fatigue, anxiety, depression, sadness, and pain. Relaxation is the main takeaway from the session.
- Date/Times: This program is offered as a single class on varied dates. Friday evenings 6-7 p.m. and Saturday mornings 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Friday, May 12: 6-7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20: 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Find more dates, keyword search 'Sound Bath'.
- Register for each class date separately. Pre-registration is highly encouraged as space is limited to 20 each class.
- Resident: $22.50 per class
- Non-resident: $27 per class
Forest Bathing - Ages 12+
- Instructor: Lynne Aebi – teaches Yoga on Wednesday evenings at SBCC and is also a certified guide in Forest Bathing.
- Brief class description: Garner all the benefits of an outdoor activity and quiet time with nature on this 90-minute, guided walk in the forest of Eastgate Park. Relax into the beauty of nature while benefiting your physical, emotional, and mental health.
- Dates/Times: This program is offered once a month, through June.
- Wednesday, May 31: 9-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 21: 9-10:30 a.m.
- Register for each class date separately. Pre-registration is highly encouraged as space is limited to 8 each class.
- Resident: $25 per class
- Non-resident: $30 per class
More About SBCC
Eastgate Park includes the Bellevue Challenge Course & Zip Tour, hiking trails, outdoor playground, picnic tables, two tennis courts and a baseball field.
At SBCC, the Parks & Community Services Department is the primary program provider for preschool children, adults, seniors, specialized recreation, family special events, fitness and wellness, human services and facility rentals. Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue provides programs and services primarily for children, youth and teens (K-19), including after-school, late night and out-of-school activities.
SBCC provides a range of drop-in and structured classes and activities that focus on active lifestyles, health and wellness. SBCC is more than a place to pump weights; it is a place where you can make improvements in how you live your life. Activities are available for all levels of health and fitness that give participants an opportunity to meet new people, learn a new skill and better their lives by getting and staying active.
SBCC also offers opportunities for community gatherings, social events and business meetings. Several special events are hosted annually that bring the South Bellevue community together in fun and engaging ways. Individuals, groups and businesses may reserve parts of the center for private functions.
Mission: Through partnerships and exceptional customer service, the South Bellevue Community Center provides accessible opportunities for recreation, fitness, education and celebrations to build a healthy community.
Inclement Weather Plan
Call 425-452-4240 before travelling to South Bellevue Community Center to ensure the facility is open.
In the event of inclement weather, the Parks & Community Services Department will make every effort to communicate the status of facilities and programs, special events and rentals. Administration will decide whether to cancel a program or close a facility based upon the safety of participants and employees and the ability to appropriately staff programs and facilities.
As a general rule, if the Bellevue School District is closed due to a weather event, Parks & Community Services Department classes and programs will be cancelled for the entire day. If the Bellevue School District is on a delayed schedule, call the facility for an updated status report. Select facilities may be open for drop-in activities at a modified level. If you are unable to reach the facility, call the Parks & Community Services Department's general information number at 425-452-6885. Inclement weather can affect park use and trail conditions. Please use caution when visiting park sites during poor weather, as trails and other park facilities may become wet and slippery. Park trails may be closed.