The 930-square-foot fitness center at North Bellevue Community Center features state-of-the-art treadmills, bikes, elliptical trainers, weight training machines, and free weights.
Individuals have the option of using the facility on a daily drop-in basis, purchasing a 20-visit, annual pass, or the monthly ePass (best value!). Download a copy of the fitness center general information, fees, and passes brochure.
How to get started
Download the “PAR-Q-Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire.” This is for your personal use only. It does not need to be signed or returned to NBCC. Please read the questions carefully, answer them honestly and consider the recommendations for your personal safety. Copies are also available at the front desk.
PRIOR to using the Fitness Center, you must attend a 30-minute orientation. The orientation will cover the proper use of strength training and cardio equipment, general principles of exercise, safety, policies and procedures for the Fitness Center, other available services and offers a chance to meet the staff. No sign-up is needed. Just meet in the Fitness Center five minutes before start time. Late arrivals will not be accommodated.
Orientation is for youth and adults.
- Wednesday - 6 p.m.
- Saturday - 10 a.m.
Fitness Center Forms
Purchasing aFitness Pass? Please fill out the appropriate forms below and bring them to North Bellevue Community Center:
- Fitness Center Membership Agreement
- Fitness Center Cancellations, Amendments and Holds
- Fitness Center EFT Policies and Procedures
- Fitness Center Adult Waiver Form
- Fitness Center Youth Waiver Form (for minor participants)
The Fitness Center is designed for adult use, as well as youth ages 10 and older.
- 10–12 year-olds may only use the cardio equipment and must be accompanied by an adult. Other requirements include a doctor’s note, age verification, a waiver signed by the youth and parent/guardian, and attendance by both the youth and parent/guardian at a 30-minute orientation.
- 13–15 year-olds are allowed to use all available equipment with adult supervision. Attendance at a 30-minute orientation is required prior to using any equipment.
- 16–17 year-olds are allowed to use all available equipment with parent permission. Attendance at a 30-minute orientation is required prior to using any equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What amenities are available?
Restrooms are available to use as a changing area if needed. Please provide your own workout towel. The North Bellevue Community Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Do you offer other professional services such as personal trainers?
Yes! Several professional services are available for additional costs/fees, including group fitness classes, personal training, fitness testing and body composition (fat/lean) testing. Download and complete the Health History Questionnaire prior to fitness testing or personal trainer appointments. The questionnaire is also available at the front desk. Call for prices and scheduling information.
- What should I wear and bring?
Dress in exercise apparel such as sweats. The room can feel cool until you are warmed up, so dress in layers. Please wear clean athletic-type shoes. Shirts that cover the torso are required. For women, please no sports bras as outerwear Bring a water bottle, headphones and a towel.
- What are the least busy days/times?
Our Fitness Center does not currently experience any busy days/times.
- Is there staff on site to help me get started?
Yes! Participants new to working out are always welcome. Following the orientation, you may ask for additional personal assistance at any time that we are not busy helping others. The Fitness Center is staff during these hours to provide assistance with use of the equipment - see Fitness 1-on-1.
- What other fitness/sport related activities are available?
Some of the many fitness/wellness classes and programs at NBCC include: ping pong, pickleball, line dancing, jazzercise, yoga, Tai Chi and dance. The Connections program brochure lists current course offerings.