We are currently in Phase 2 of the governor’s re-opening plan. Parks and trails are open, although playgrounds are closed. The Bellevue Golf Course, Robinswood Tennis Center, and Bellevue Aquatic Center are open for limited use. Community centers and other recreation facilities remain closed. We continue to work toward re-opening facilities and re-starting programming when phased in by the state’s Safe Start plan.
Survey - Please share your thoughts about virtual programming at NBCC. Thank you!
North Bellevue Community Center offers a comprehensive array of senior services and programs including health and wellness, cultural and performing arts, human services, drop-in activities, socialization, information and referrals, community dining and trips.
The Center works in conjunction with senior members of the community to maintain their independence, health, and sense of well-being by providing support, referrals, activities, and learning opportunities. Additionally, there are a multitude of services offered for youth and adults of all ages, offered on evenings and weekends.
NBCC Birdhouse Painting (virtual class) - Sign up for a fun-filled Zoom class and paint a birdhouse.
- Cost: $20 for residents; $24 for non-residents.
- Register here to receive your birdhouse!
- See the flyer about this class
NBCC Virtual Computer Class - Windows 10 for Seniors
Review the basics of Windows 10. What is the easiest way to search my computer? How do I update from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 possibly for free? What do I need to do about privacy settings in Windows 10? How do I maintain my computer so it runs faster? Which antivirus program should I use? How do I transfer photos from my smartphone to my computer? Can I create a letter with apps currently in Windows 10? How do I sync the Windows 10 calendar with my smartphone? Which tips and tricks will save me time and make it easier for me to use my computer? Where can I get free help? Join us for this workshop where you can ask questions and learn from other attendees with similar challenges. Please update your computer and have your passwords available. View the flyer for details.
NBCC Virtual Computer Class - iPhone & iPad for Seniors
Review the basics of iOS for iPhones and iPads. How do I share photos via text or email? Which app do I use to compose a letter? Can I use the Maps app to get to my appointment? How do I use my iPhone or iPad as a magnifier? How do I sync my Windows calendar with my apple device? Which tips and tricks will save me time and make it easier to use my iPhone or iPad? Where can I get free help? Join us for this workshop where you can ask questions and learn from other attendees with similar challenges. Please update your iPhone and/or iPad and have your passwords available. View the flyer for details.
The Dementia Care Partner Support Series will connect you with other caregivers whose spouse or partner is living with dementia, whether at home or in a care community. The series uses the Positive Approach® to Care curriculum developed by Teepa Snow. Register here
NBCC's Online Social Hour - Please join us for this free program designed for people to virtually connect and reconnect with members of the Bellevue community. Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. Pre-registration is required.
- Sept 24 – register here (activity code 2004147*4)
- Gentle Yoga Class 1
- Gentle Yoga Class 2
- Gentle Yoga Class 3
- Gentle Yoga Class 4
- Sound Generations June 2020 Enhanced Fitness newsletter
- Exercise with Sofia - video
- Exercise with Sofia #2 - video
Creative Corner Newsletter
- English for Work - This free online course is designed to help immigrants and refugees who speak some English to improve their language skills while they prepare for work. Students develop their speaking, listening, reading, writing, and technology skills; receive one-on-one advising; and participate in remote mock interviews conducted by local employers. Every quarter, many students find jobs. In addition, Hopelink volunteers often help to connect students with employers. See more information here.
- Eastside Legal Assistance Program - ELAP has put together a hub of resources for those affected by COVID-19.
- United Way of King County - COVID-19 resources
- ARC of King County - resources
- Eastside for All - resources
- Webinars and Events:
- Washington Assistive Technology Act Program (WATAP) - flyer