Includes Preliminary Landscape Plan requirements. An Exterior Lighting Plan can be incorporated with and noted on the landscape plan.
The landscape plan layout must be consistent with the site plan layout. If the site exceeds one acre, a landscape plan must be signed by a landscape architect, nurseryman or landscaper registered and/or certified by the State of Washington.
- Background Information: Include the boundary lines of the subject property; proposed structures and existing structures to remain; walls; pedestrian and vehicular circulation; surface parking; and Protected Areas (as defined in the Land Use Code).
- Existing Trees: Show the location, diameter at four feet above grade, and the drip line of all existing significant trees to remain.
- Proposed Vegetation: Graphically portray and identify by the botanical name all proposed trees, shrubs, and groundcover; distinguish between species; graphically outline hydrozone boundaries.
- Plant Legend: Using the graphic symbols selected for the plan, show all proposed trees, shrubs, and ground cover. For each species provide the botanical and common names, spacing, and proposed size at installation. Indicate the proposed tree sizes in feet from base for evergreens, and caliper in inches at four feet above base for deciduous (deciduous street trees for Downtown streets are measured at six inches above grade).
- Installation Details: Graphically show the proposed method and materials for installing the trees, shrubs, and ground cover. Distinguish between evergreen and deciduous trees and trees located in public rights-of-way.
- Proposed Irrigation System: Graphically portray all irrigation system water lines, irrigation heads, and other related equipment; identify all irrigation system zones and intended hydrozone coverage areas; show material and installation details for various system components.
- All landscape construction involving an area of 500 square feet or more must comply with the city's Landscape Water Budgeting Requirements (Water Code sections 24.02.200 and 24.02.205) and the Utilities Department's Engineering Standards. Attach to or show on the face of the final landscape plans all required information, forms and certifications. These must be approved by the Utilities Department prior to construction.
- All irrigation systems involving an area of 500 square feet or more of landscaping must comply with the city's Irrigation System Design and Performance Requirements (Water Code sections 24.02.200 and 24.02.210) and the Utilities Department's Engineering Standards. Attach to or show on the face of the final landscape plans all required information, forms and certifications. These must be approved by the Utilities Department prior to construction.
Preliminary Landscape Plan
A preliminary landscape plan can be completed by submitting items 1-4 above. Installation methods and details are not required.
Exterior Lighting Plan
An exterior lighting plan can be incorporated with and noted on the landscape plan. Include site building exterior and parking area lighting. Provide details, including pole and mounting height, for all proposed fixtures and include the manufacturer's catalog costs. All fixtures must be designed to prevent light spillage to adjacent properties.