Bellevue Utilities is pleased to offer free, interactive classes this fall and winter on a variety of environmental conservation topics. Classes will be held both in person at the Bellevue Botanical Garden (12001 Main St.) and live virtual via Zoom.
Participants are welcome to attend a single class or any combination of the classes. Attendees will receive resources, tips, and tools after each class. (Please note that virtual class attendees will receive electronic materials only).
Space is limited for in-person classes and current COVID-19 safety protocols will be followed.
How to participate?
Registration is required for all classes. To register, email email@example.com or call Sam Wilder at 206-949-1787. All class registrations are first come, first served.
Classes and dates offered
(Some classes offered multiple times on different dates.)
Learn how to shop for safer cleaning products and how to make your own safer cleaners with common household items.
- Wednesday, Oct. 13, 12-1 p.m. in person indoors at Bellevue Botanical Garden
- Monday, Oct. 18, 7-8 p.m. virtual via Zoom
- Tuesday, Nov. 9, 12-1 p.m. virtual via Zoom
Learn where common items belong: recycle, compost or garbage. Find out how to handle unusual items and how to properly dispose of potentially hazardous items.
- Monday, Oct. 11, 12-1 p.m. - in person indoors at Bellevue Botanical Garden
- Monday, Oct. 25, 7-8 p.m. - virtual via Zoom
- Tuesday, Nov. 2, 12-1 p.m. - virtual via Zoom
Reduce Wasted Food
Learn how to maximize your food through proper storage, label reading and innovative recipes.
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, 7-8 p.m. - virtual via Zoom
- Thursday, Nov. 18, 12-1 p.m. - virtual via Zoom
Plastics: Problems and Possibilities
Deepen your knowledge on which plastics can be recycled and how you can help reduce global impact.
- Thursday, Dec. 2, 7-8 p.m. - virtual via Zoom
Sharpen your skills for reducing consumption and making environmentally friendly choices while shopping.
- Monday, Nov. 15, 7-8 p.m. - virtual via Zoom
- Wednesday, Dec. 1, 7-8 p.m. - virtual via Zoom