Bellevue's Salmon Watcher team monitors local streams for salmon returning in the fall. Volunteers visit a site for 15 minutes twice a week September through December, reporting when, where and what type of salmon are sighted. This information supports professional salmon monitoring and recovery efforts.
Salmon Watchers attend a two-hour workshop in September, to learn:
- About salmon in Puget Sound
- How to identify spawning salmon
- How salmon use Bellevue’s streams
- Salmon Watcher Training Slideshow
Registration for the training is appreciated! Tell the Stream Team you will attend at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-452-5200.
- Monthly datasheet
- Monthly datasheet (Excel version)
- Sample datasheet
- Military time cheat sheet for data entry