Bellevue Utilities is pleased to offer free, interactive classes on a variety of environmental conservation topics. Classes are offered in-person at a variety of Bellevue locations or virtually via Zoom.
Participants are welcome to attend a single class or any combination of the classes. Attendees will receive resources, tips, and tools after each class. (Please note that virtual class attendees will receive electronic materials only.)
Registration is required for all classes. To register and receive class details, email email@example.com or call Sam Wilder at 206-949-1787. All class registrations are first come, first served.
Classes and dates offered
(Some classes offered multiple times on different dates.)
Dare to Repair (New!)
Receive resources and tips for repairing common broken household items to save money, time, and reduce waste.
- Thursday, Oct. 5, 5-6 p.m. - virtual
King County also offers local repair events with volunteer fixers on site. Visit kingcounty.gov/repair-events to learn more!
Plastics: Problems and Possibilities
Deepen your knowledge on which plastics can be recycled and how you can help reduce global impact.
- Thursday, Oct. 12, 6-7 p.m. - virtual
Reduce Wasted Food
Learn how to maximize your food through proper storage, label reading and innovative recipes.
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 6-7 p.m. - In-person at Lake Hills Library
Explore how to declutter and downsize your stuff at home without putting it all in the garbage.
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, 6-7 p.m. - In-person at Bellevue Library
Learn how to shop for safer cleaning products and how to make your own safer cleaners with common household items.
- Friday, Sept. 22, 12-1 p.m. - virtual
- Thursday, Oct. 19, 6-7 p.m. - virtual
Learn where common items belong: recycle, compost or garbage. Find out how to handle unusual items and how to properly dispose of potentially hazardous items.
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, 6-7 p.m. - virtual
- Friday, Oct. 6, 12-1 p.m. - virtual
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, 6-7 p.m. - virtual
Sharpen your skills for reducing consumption and making environmentally friendly choices while shopping.
- Tuesday Nov. 14, 6-7 p.m. - In-person at Newport Way Library