New projects include facilities to create a safe and connected bike network for commuting, recreation and family activities. Project descriptions, costs and levy funding are subject to change. The following projects, along with all Levy-funded projects, can be found on an interactive map.
- Main Street Bikeway -- Bellevue Way to 108th Ave NE: Extend the eastbound buffered bike lane through 108th Ave NE; extend the westbound striped bike lane from 108th to 106th avenues; repurpose one of two eastbound travel lanes to provide street space for bicyclists, and add an eastbound right turn lane at 108th Ave NE. Installation expected in Sept/Oct 2019. (See Downtown Bicycle Network Improvements listed under "Projects in Planning/Design) Construction Alert/Project Fact Sheet (Sept. 2019)
- Eastgate Way -- Richards Rd. to SE 35th Pl. bike lanes: Separated bike lanes from Richards Rd. to 150th Ave. SE, including curb and post dividers and other safety features at key locations. Striped bike lanes with painted buffers were possible from 150th Ave. SE to SE 35th Pl. New platform, crosswalk and median island at the existing bus stop at SE Eastgate Way and 146th Pl. SE.
- SE 38th St. -- I-90 Overpass to 154th Ave. SE: Conventional bike lanes on both sides of SE 38th St, from the I‐90 pedestrian/bike overpass to 150th Ave, and separated bike lanes on both sides of SE 38th St from 150th Ave SE to 154 Ave SE, with an on‐street pedestrian path on the north side in same location.
- 139th Ave. SE -- SE Eastgate Way to Kamber Rd. bike lanes: Conventional bike lanes on both sides of 139th Ave SE, from SE Eastgate Way to Kamber Road. Between SE Eastgate Way and SE 32nd St, a buffered lane will be installed on east side of street. Completed August 2018
- 108th Ave. NE -- NE 12th to NE 24th St,: Sharrows and wayfinding signage to identify neighborhood bike route to increase visibility of bicyclists along corridor. Project flyer . Completed August 2018
- 108th Ave. SE -- Enatai Bicycle Improvements: Bike lanes on both sides of 108th Ave. SE from SE 34th St to SE 21st St. Project flyer. Completed August 2018
- 142nd Ave. SE, from SE 36th to SE 32nd St bike project: Install conventional bike lane in the uphill (northbound) direction on the east side and shared lane markings (sharrows) on the west side of 142nd from SE 36th St. to SE 32nd St
- 108th Ave NE -- Main St to NE 12th St Downtown Demonstration Bikeway: Install, as a demonstration project, designated space to ride along 108th Ave NE in downtown. Separated bike lanes, striped bike lanes, bright green pavement markings, shared lane pavement markings (sharrows). Project flyer (June 2018), bus platform construction flyer (October 2018); Project webpage. Completed July 2018.
- NE 24th St., Northup Way to SR 520 Trail: Separated bike lanes on both sides of NE 24th St from Northup Way to the SR 520 Trail (just west of 23rd Place). Bike lanes will be at least 5 feet wide with at least 2‐foot wide buffers. Will serve as an extension to the regional off‐street trail. Suitable for people of all ages and abilities.
- NE 24th St., Bellevue Way to 112th Ave. NE. Sharrows pavement markings on NE 24th Street to increase visibility of bicyclists traveling along corridor. Completed September 2017.
- Village Park Dr., Lakemont Blvd. to 179th Ave. SE. Separated bike lanes on both sides of Village Park Drive from Lakemont Blvd to 179th Ave SE. Improvements supported through Pavement Overlay Program. Completed September 2017.
- Lake Washington Blvd., south city limits to Lake Washington Loop Trail. Sharrows on both sides of 106th and Lake Washington Boulevard SE. Improvements supported through Pavement Overlay Program. Completed August 2017.
Projects under construction
- 520 Trail Corridor Bicycle Safety Project: Install bicycle safety and connectivity improvements along the 520 Trail corridor, including lane restriping, signal modifications, and bike signal installation. Improvements will be made at Northup Way and 108th Avenue NE, at Northup Way and NE 24th Street, at 148th Avenue NE and NE 29th Place, and along 120th Avenue NE between the light rail operations and maintenance facility and Northup Way. Construction anticipated summer 2020. Construction Alert (February 2020)
- 119th Avenue SE Bike Lanes: Install separated bike lanes from SE 60th Street to SE 56th Street. Construction in May 2020.
- 112th Ave. NE -- NE 12th St. to SR 520 and 108th Ave. NE from Northup Way: Bike facilities in both directions, two new pedestrian crossings and a new northbound left-turn lane at the intersection of 112th Ave. NE and NE.24th St. Project Flyer with Chinese translation (April 2018); Project flyer (September 2018)
- 156th Ave. SE 24th St. to Lake Hills Blvd bike project: Install bicycle lanes in both directions along 156th Ave., from SE 24th St. to Lake Hills Blvd in coordination with the city's Overlay Program. Project flyer/No parking notice (May 2018)
- SE Newport Way west of 150th Ave. SE -- Factoria Blvd. SE to 130th Pl. SE bike lanes: Extending existing bike lanes west to complete the connection to the intersection with Factoria Blvd. SE. Reconfigure roadway between 129th Pl. SE and 130th Pl. SE to provide on-street parking lane and buffered bike lane.
- Traffic revision westbound SE Newport Way approaching Factorial Blvd SE. Diagram explains how newly installed the electronic right turn sign and bike signal work.
- SE Newport Way east of 150th Ave. SE -- 152nd Ave. SE to Lakemont Blvd. SE bike lanes: Bike lanes on both sides of Newport Way from 152nd Ave. SE to SE 42nd Pl. and separated bike lanes from SE 42nd Pl. to Lakemont Blvd. SE. Will serve as one of two primary east-west routes along I-90 corridor through Bellevue.
Projects in planning/design
- Factoria Boulevard SE Safe Bike Route to School: Upgrade the existing striped bike lanes to separated bike lanes from Coal Creek Parkway SE to SE Newport Way.
- 108th Avenue NE Bikeway: Install bicycle safety improvements to the 108th Avenue Bikeway that was implemented in 2018 (project webpage). Improvements respond to community feedback and may include additional physical separation, pavement markings, and signal modifications.
- Downtown Bicycle Network Improvements: Install bicycle facilities on one or more corridors in Downtown, to be determined in consultation with the Pavement Management Program and public engagement. Potential corridors include Main Street (see "Under Construction" above), NE 1st/2nd Street, 100th Avenue NE, 106th Avenue NE, and 114th Avenue.
- 112th Avenue NE Bike Lanes -- Phase 2: Install bicycle safety improvements to the separated bike lanes implemented in 2019 along 112th Avenue NE from NE 12th Street to SR-520. Improvements may include green lane markings and vertical protective elements and will be installed in coordination with the 2020 Pavement Management Program. (See Phase 1 project description in the “Projects under construction” section: 112th Avenue NE -- NE 12th Street to State Route 520 and 108th Avenue NE from Northup Way)
- Northup Way Bike Lanes: Install bike lanes from NE 24th Street to 130th Avenue NE.
- 130th Ave NE Bike Lanes: Install bike shoulders in both directions on 130th Avenue NE from Northup Way to NE 24th Street, in coordination with the 2019 Pavement Management Program.
- East Bellevue Bicycle Network Study: Advance the planning and design of safe and connected bikeways that link neighborhoods to schools, local destinations, East Link light rail, and regional trails. Engage the community to evaluate alternatives and prepare projects for implementation in 2021–24.
- SE 8th St. -- 114th Ave. SE to Lake Hills Connector: Bike lanes on both sides of SE 8th St. (in support of 114th Ave. SE from SE 8th St. to Main St.)