Sidewalk and trail maintenance enhancement includes repairs and improvements to existing transportation facilities with outstanding maintenance needs, such as sidewalks, trails, slopes, walls, poles, lighting, wiring, and street cleaning/sweeping. Project descriptions, project costs and levy funding are subject to change. The following projects, along with all Levy-funded projects, can be found on an interactive map.
- SE 35th Place Interim Walkway: Construct an interim asphalt walkway on the north side of SE 35th Place. to be coordinated with King County sewer work.
- 156th Ave. NE Corridor Sidewalk Maintenance (Crossroads area): Replace and repair hundreds of sidewalk sections (1.75 miles total) to comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Project mailer. Completed May 2018.
Projects in planning/design
- NE 24th Street Slope Stabilization: Stabilize slope with new wall to protect roadway and pathway on NE 24th Street west of 172nd Avenue NE.
- Eastgate Curb Ramp Repair: Replace 45 concrete curb ramps in the Eastgate area to meet federal accessibility compliance.
- Boardwalk replacement in various locations: Phase 1 to repair/replace the boardwalks along Mercer Slough. Next phase will look at citywide needs.
- Citywide Boardwalk Maintenance: Repair and replace broken or missing boards in various locations throughout the city.
- 112th Avenue NE Corridor Improvements: Design and construct a traffic signal at the NE 24th Street and 112th Avenue NE intersection and replace root-damaged sidewalk panels to meet accessibility requirements and update curb ramps to current standards. Install a third rectangular rapid flashing beacon mid-block pedestrian crossing on 112th Avenue NE and upgrade conduit infrastructure for streetlighting system. (Also listed under Neighborhood Congestion and Safety).
- Project mailer (July 2020)