New sidewalks, trails and paths projects add sidewalks that provide walking access to neighborhoods, schools, parks, shopping and other local neighborhood destinations. Project descriptions, project costs and levy funding are subject to change. The following projects, along with all Levy-funded projects, can be found on an interactive map.
- 105th Avenue SE Sidewalk (Safe Routes to School Project): Built 6-foot wide sidewalk on east side of 105th Avenue SE between Wolverine Way and SE Cliff Place, raised crosswalk at SE Cliff Place, parking areas where feasible, flashing school zone sign between 345 and 355 105th Ave SE. Completed September 2021.
- SE Newport Way Sidewalk: Complete missing sidewalk on the south side of SE Newport Way from where the sidewalk ends in front of the South Bellevue Community Center to 150th Avenue SE. Completed September 2021. (Project webpage)
- 158th Place SE — Lake Hills Boulevard to Main Street: Water main replacement, six-foot wide sidewalk on east side of street, with traffic calming elements (Rapid Rectangular Flashing Beacon system, replace traffic circle.) Details in Construction Alert (March 2019). Completed October 2019. Also listed on Neighborhood Safety Projects page.
- Eastgate/Tyee Middle School Safety Project: Installed a sidewalk on the west side of 138th Avenue SE between SE Allen Road and SE 40th Street. Converted temporary traffic circle to mini-roundabout at 138th Avenue SE and SE 40th Street. Install school flashing beacons at strategic locations. Completed January 2020. Also listed on Neighborhood Safety Project page.
- Newport Heights Traffic Safety Improvement Project (119th Avenue SE Sidewalk): Constructed a 6 foot sidewalk on west side of 119th Avenue SE from SE 56th Street to Newport Heights Elementary School, rebuild pedestrian island at the mid-block crosswalk in front of the school and install an entry island on the north leg of the intersection of SE 56th Street/119th Avenue SE. Completed September 2019. Also listed on Neighborhood Safety Project page.
- Construction Alert (June 2019)
Projects in planning/design
- 100th Avenue NE and Vicinity Complete Streets Project -- Phase 2: Project includes NE 18th Street sidewalk (on the north side from 100th to 98th Avenue NE), 98th Avenue NE sidewalk (on the east side from NE 18th to 20th streets), 100th Avenue NE walkway (on the east side from NE 17th to 24th streets) and raised intersections on 100th Avenue NE, at NE 14th, NE 18th and NE 21st streets. Project also includes crosswalk enhancements and possible restriping of 100 Avenue NE with bike lanes in the northbound direction and sharrows in the southbound direction.
- 123rd Avenue SE Sidewalk: Complete the missing segment of sidewalk along the west side of 123rd Avenue SE from SE 60th to SE 65th Places.
- NE 40th Street Sidewalk: Construct 6 foot sidewalk on the north side of NE 40th Street between 140th Ave NE and 145th Ave NE.