New sidewalks, trails and paths projects add sidewalks that provide walking access to neighborhoods, schools, parks, shopping and other local neighborhood destinations. Project descriptions, project costs and levy funding are subject to change. The following projects, along with all Levy-funded projects, can be found on an interactive map.
- 158th Place SE — Lake Hills Boulevard to Main Street: Water main replacement, six-foot wide sidewalk on east side of street, with traffic calming elements (Rapid Rectangular Flashing Beacon system, replace traffic circle. Details in Construction Alert (March 2019). Also listed on Neighborhood Safety Projects page.
- Eastgate/Tyee Middle School Safety Project: Install a sidewalk on the west side of 138th Avenue SE between SE Allen Road and SE 40th Street. Convert temporary traffic circle to mini-roundabout at 138th Avenue SE and SE 40th Street. Install school flashing beacons at strategic locations. Also listed on Neighborhood Safety Project page.
- Newport Heights Traffic Safety Improvement Project (119th Avenue SE Sidewalk): Construct a 6 foot sidewalk on west side of 119th Avenue SE from SE 56th Street to Newport Heights Elementary School, rebuild pedestrian island at the mid-block crosswalk in front of the school and install an entry island on the north leg of the intersection of SE 56th Street/119th Avenue SE. (Also listed on Neighborhood Safety Project page.)
- Construction Alert (June 2019)
Projects under construction
Projects in planning/design
- 105th Avenue SE Pedestrian Facilities and Traffic Calming: Install pedestrian facilities and traffic calming measures on 105th Avenue SE between Wolverine Way and SE Cliff Place.
- Notice to impacted property owners (May 2020)
- 123rd Avenue SE Sidewalk: Complete the missing segment of sidewalk along the west side of 123rd Avenue SE from SE 60th to SE 65th Places.