New sidewalks, trails and paths projects add sidewalks that provide walking access to neighborhoods, schools, parks, shopping and other local neighborhood destinations. Project descriptions, project costs and levy funding are subject to change. The following projects, along with all Levy-funded projects, can be found on an interactive map.
- Newport Heights Traffic Safety Improvement Project -- (119th Avenue SE Sidewalk): Construct a 6' sidewalk on west side of 119th Ave SE from SE 56th St to Newport Heights Elementary School, rebuild pedestrian island at the mid-block crosswalk in front of the school, install an entry island on the north leg of the intersection of SE 56th Street/119th Ave SE, install speed cushions at select locations on 119th Ave SE as a pilot project, stripe walking shoulders on SE 54th Place and 118th Ave SE. (Also listed on Neighborhood Safety Project page.)
- Construction Alert (June 2019)
- Eastgate/Tyee Middle School Safety Project: Install a sidewalk on the west side of 138th Avenue SE between SE Allen Road and SE 40th Street. Convert temporary traffic circle to mini-roundabout at 138th Avenue SE and SE 40th Street. Install school flashing beacons at strategic locations. Also listed on Neighborhood Safety Project page.
- 158th Pl. SE -- Lake Hills Blvd. to Main Street: Water main replacement, six-foot wide sidewalk on east side of street, with traffic calming elements (Rapid Rectangular Flashing Beacon system, replace traffic circle. Details in Construction Alert (March 2019). Also listed on Neighborhood Safety Projects page.
- Wilburton Area Sidewalk Projects: Construct sidewalk on the west side of 128th Ave. SE/NE, from SE 6th Pl. to NE 2nd St.; complete missing section of sidewalk on east side of 118th Ave. SE, south of Main St.; construct sidewalk on north side of NE 2nd St., between 124th and 128th Aves. NE; other improvements. Project flyer (June 2018). Also listed on Bike Facilities page.
Projects under construction
Projects in planning/design
- 123rd Avenue SE Sidewalk: Complete the missing segment of sidewalk along the west side of 123rd Avenue SE from SE 60th to SE 65th Places.
- 105th Avenue SE Pedestrian Facilities and Traffic Calming: Install pedestrian facilities and traffic calming measures on 105th Avenue SE between Wolverine Way and SE Cliff Place.
- Notice to impacted property owners (May 2020)