Perched above Lake Washington, the Upland Lawn at Chism Beach Park offers a scenic elevated meadow with picturesque water views and the historic Burrow’s Cabin. Follow the winding path down to the beach, where Chism’s Uncovered Lower Site awaits with picnic tables, a swimming beach, a children’s playground, and nearby restrooms.
To check availability for Public or Large Private Event Use, and people with limited access contact:
- Park Scheduling Office, email park names, sites/areas, dates, time frames (including alternates), and number of people to: ParkRental@BellevueWA.gov
- Please note, availability is subject to change.
- The Upland Lawn (125 people allowed) overlooks Lake Washington and is perfect for weddings! No tables, chairs, or electricity is available.
- The Uncovered Lower Site (30 people allowed) has two secured tables close to play and swimming areas.
- Water is available in the restrooms.
- Restrooms are located near the beach and open year-round.
- Onsite parking is available and includes 76 public parking spaces and five ADA spaces. Two additional ADA parking spaces are available near the Uncovered Lower Site.
- Special Uses such as catering, entertainment, and equipment are permitted on a case-by-case basis with prior approval. Inflatable rides are not permitted at this park.
- Non-motorized watercraft may be launched and landed during the non-swimming season only.
- Additional park amenities include a children’s playground and swimming beach with seasonal lifeguards. See Beach Lifeguard Schedule.
Uncovered Lower Site
Chism's Uncovered Lower Site, with view of playground and lake.
360-degree photo - click to stop motion, click & drag to pan photo. Scroll to zoom in or out.
Chism's Upland Lawn with Burrow's Cabin.