The Parks and Open Space System Plan contains the community's long-range vision for acquisition and development of parks and trails and preservation of open space. It also sets the standards whereby the park, trail and open space system is operated and maintained over time.
Many of Bellevue's parks and trails that we use and treasure today were first conceived as an idea in the Parks Plan.
About every six years, Bellevue updates its Parks Plan. The City Council adopted the current plan in early 2016.
2022 Plan Update
What is your dream for the Bellevue parks, trails and open space system? We are currently in the process of updating the Parks and Open Space Plan and we want to hear from you! Visit our Engaging Bellevue website to share what you like about the parks system and what you might like to see more of. There are several ways to participate in the process:
- Take the survey by November 8
- Submit ideas in spatial or text form by going to the Engaging Bellevue website
- Attend a meeting as listed on this page or the Engaging Bellevue website
- Call, mail or email your comments to:
Parks & Community Services
PO Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
- October 27, 2021 at 6 p.m. - presentation to the YouthLink Board
- November 2, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. - presentation to the East Bellevue Community Council
Download the entire plan; clicking on a chapter title in the Table of Contents will lead you to that section of the Plan.