Bellevue studied the feasibility of improving and/or expanding off-leash dog facilities at Robinswood Park, 2432 148th Ave. SE.
The City Council, when reviewing the master plan alternatives for a new park at Eastgate (Eastgate Area Properties Park Master Plan), concurred with neighbors and the Park Board by indicating support for design alternative A (featuring two sports fields), with coordination of off-leash area expansion and improvements at Robinswood Park. As a result, the city is exploring the feasibility of enhancements to Robinswood's off-leash area before it adopts the master plan for the new park at Eastgate, possibly to be called "Bellevue Airfield Park."
A draft study of possible off-leash enhancements and expansion at Robinswood Park was completed in June 2011.
On December 7, 2010 approximately 23 citizens attended the second Robinswood Park Off-Leash Area Study community outreach meeting. Staff shared community feedback regarding the off-leash enhancement and expansion alternatives based on previous meeting input, emails and an online web survey. A recommended plan was shared, reflecting citizen preferences expressed throughout the outreach process. The plan includes expansion of the off-leash area of approximately 5.75 acres with expanded buffers, double-gated entries, a reservable area, surface improvements and wooded trails.
The meeting concluded with a question-and-answer session and an opportunity for cizitens to share their preferences. The draft study, below, outlines the community outreach process, feedback and recommendations for off-leash enhancements and expansion at Robinswood Park.
- Meeting #2 Presentation
- Meeting #2 Recommended Plan - Alternative D
- Meeting #2 Community Feedback
- Meeting #1 Agenda
- Meeting #1 Presentation
- Meeting #1 Off-Leash Area Alternatives A, B and C
- Meeting #1 Community Feedback
- Robinswood Park Off-Leash Study (June 2011)
- Appendix A - Off-Leash Study 2010
- Appendix B - Soil Data
- Appendix C - Robinswood Site Management Plan
- Appendix D - Robinswood Parking Study Report
- Appendix E - Joint Use Agreement at Robinswood Park
- Appendix F - Survey Summary - Robinswood Park Off-Leash Study - October-December 2010