Bellevue Utilities completed the design and permitting phase of the project to replace the Horizon View 2 water reservoir and pump station in Bellevue’s Horizon View neighborhood. The project is in active construction and is anticipated to be completed by the end of 2025.
The facility is located at 4809 151st Avenue SE. The work will be done in two main phases: construction of the new pump station building (while keeping the existing pump station and reservoir in service), then removing the existing pump station and reservoir, and constructing the new reservoir. There will also be new water mains and a sewer pipe constructed in 151st Ave SE between the site and SE 47th Pl. The site will be paved and then landscaped with trees and shrubs.
Why this project is needed
The aging reservoir and pump station are critical water storage and supply facilities for the area. Both facilities need replacement to enhance seismic resilience, protect water quality, increase storage volume, and maintain a high level of reliability for drinking water and fire protection to the neighborhood and surrounding area.
The graphic below shows the proposed reservoir and pump station building layout that will replace the aging and undersized facilities. This project is part of Utilities' rehabilitation and replacement program, established to maintain the area’s water service infrastructure.
Anticipated Construction Impacts
- Work hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- Construction equipment will be in the area, truck traffic, and related noise.
- Some trees will be removed which is necessary prep work for construction.
- Construction of a water main and sewer pipes in the street.
- Flaggers and traffic control will be in place.
Please refer to the schedule below for a snapshot of the project timeline and what to expect over the next few years. The City will provide further communication about the project status and anticipated impacts at later stages.
- Alternatives Evaluation: June 2020-June 2021
- Preliminary Design: June 2021-December 2021
- Final Design & Permitting: December 2021 to May 2023
- Bid Ad: May 2023
- Construction: September 2023 to December 2025