Bellevue’s high-quality drinking water comes from the watersheds of the Tolt and Cedar rivers, and meets or exceeds all state and federal drinking water standards. Stringent testing throughout the year shows that your water is safe.
Bellevue Utilities designs, operates and maintains the city’s water storage and distribution system to make sure your water is safe and reliable every time you turn on the tap. In addition, Bellevue ensures water quality in a number of ways:
- Ongoing inspection and cleaning reduces leaks and removes accumulated sediments from reservoirs;
- A cleaning process removes sediments that naturally collect in pipelines;
- Computer technologies help keep water fresher by reducing the amount of time the water spends in pipes on the way to your home;
- Water quality testing stations located throughout the water system ensure citywide monitoring for potential contaminants; and
- A cross connection control/backflow prevention program helps prevent contaminating fluids from being pulled into the city’s water system.
- Drinking water quality is monitored throughout the city.
- Procedures used during water main breaks protect drinking water.
- Water storage tank inspections and cleaning ensure secure and sanitary conditions.
Water Quality Report
In accordance with the federal Safe Drinking Water Act, the city provides a water quality report each year to all residential and commercial customers. Bellevue’s drinking water meets or exceeds all state and federal drinking water standards, and this report contains information about monitoring, testing results, answers to frequently asked questions and more. A list of additional compounds monitored for but not detected is also available.
If you have questions about the report or your drinking water, please call the Utilities Department at 425-452-7840 or send an email to Utilities Operations and Maintenance.
Water Quality Report
- Water Quality Report (English)
- 水质报告 (Simplified Chinese)
- 水質報告 (Traditional Chinese)
- 년 수
질 보고서 (Korean)
- Отчёт о Kачестве Bодый (Russian)
- Informe Sobre La Calidad Del Agua (Spanish)
- Báo Cáo Chất Lượng Nước (Vietnamese)