Bellevue Utilities designs, operates and maintains the city’s water storage and distribution system to make sure your water is safe and reliable every time you turn on the tap. In addition, Bellevue ensures water quality in a number of ways:
- Ongoing inspection and cleaning reduces leaks and removes accumulated sediments from reservoirs;
- A cleaning process removes sediments that naturally collect in pipelines;
- Computer technologies help keep water fresher by reducing the amount of time the water spends in pipes on the way to your home;
- Water quality testing stations located throughout the water system ensure citywide monitoring for potential contaminants; and
- A cross-connection control program makes every effort to prevent contaminating fluids from being pulled into the city’s water system.
Water Quality ReportIn accordance with the federal Safe Drinking Water Act, the city provides a water quality report each year to all residential and commercial customers. Bellevue’s drinking water meets or exceeds all state and federal drinking water standards, and this report contains information about monitoring, testing results, answers to frequently asked questions and more. A list of additional compounds monitored for but not detected is also available.
If you have questions about the report or your drinking water, please call the Utilities Department at 425-452-7840 or send an email to Utilities Operations and Maintenance.
- 2019 Water Quality Report (English)
- 2019 Water Quality Report (Chinese)
- 2019 Water Quality Report (Hindi)
- 2019 Water Quality Report (Japanese)
- 2019 Water Quality Report (Korean)
- 2019 Water Quality Report (Russian)
- 2019 Water Quality Report (Spanish)
- 2019 Water Quality Report (Vietnamese)