The purpose of the Vision Zero Action Plan is to make our streets safe and reach the Vision Zero goal of eliminating traffic fatalities and serious injuries.
- Consider Vision Zero best practices – including policies, programs, and strategies – that are successful elsewhere and applicable to Bellevue.
- Coordinate with existing road safety efforts underway in Bellevue and Vision Zero initiatives elsewhere.
- Engage community stakeholders in setting the priorities for investment in Vision Zero strategies.
- Propose Vision Zero strategies through 2030, and the financial and staffing resources necessary for a phased implementation in the 2019 to 2022 timeframe.
- Current and Best Practices Assessment memo (March 2019)
- High Injury Network memo (March 2019)
- Assessment of Collision Data memo (January 2019)
- Action Plan Scope of Work (September 2018)
Vision Zero Summit
As part of the work to create an action plan, the city organized a Bellevue Vision Zero Summit (event program -- PDF size: 56MB) on Feb. 13, 2019 at Overlake Medical Center.
Experts from across the state and nation spoke and Bellevue TV made video recordings of the presentation topics:
- Vision Zero overview: Remarks by crash victims, state Secretary of Transportation, representatives announcing a major partnership to address distracted driving, Bellevue's Deputy Mayor, city staff and others
- Safe Vehicles panel discussion
- Safe Speeds panel discussion
- Safe People panel discussion
- Safe Streets panel discussion
- Transportation Commission memo and presentation (March 2019)
- Public online questionnaire: Summary of results (March 2019)
- City employee online questionnaire: Summary of results (March 2019)
- Vision Zero pledge photos (March 2019)
- Indian Association of Western Washington (January 2019)
- Bellevue Network on Aging (December 2018)
- Coordination meeting with WSDOT and WTSC staff (December 2018)
- English Language Learners Alliance presentation (October 2018)
- YouthLink Outreach (November 2018)
- Transportation Commission memo (November 2018)
- Vision Zero pledge photos (July 2018)