The Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center is on the east side of the Mercer Slough Nature Park. The Douglas Fir Community Room provides a peaceful atmosphere with lots of natural light and a sweeping view of the Slough. This space offers meeting and lounge areas as well as a kitchenette, which is ideal for business meetings, retreats, classes, receptions, birthday parties, memorials and more.
- Up to 25 people Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., due to very limited weekday parking.
- Up to 50 people Monday through Friday after 4:30 p.m., and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Rental fees for the room include 13 upholstered chairs with four small side tables, plus 13 six-foot rectangular tables, 50 stacking chairs, LCD projector, PA/wireless mic, podium, portable whiteboard easel, pull-down screen, and rolling coat rack. The kitchenette is equipped with a refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, sink, hot water kettle and a 12-cup coffee maker. Use of the private balcony is also included, and free WiFi is available.
Renter's Guidelines and Responsibilities
Rental reservations must be made by a person 21 years of age or older.
The Douglas Fir Community Room can be rented during the following hours:
- Sunday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Friday–Saturday: 8 a.m.–11 p.m.
For space availability, please call 425-452-6914 or email MSEECRental@bellevuewa.gov. Requesting availability does not guarantee a reservation; confirmation will be sent when Parks Scheduling Office staff receive your application forms and payment.
Please note that requests made less than 30 days in advance are contingent upon staff availability.
To start your reservation inquiry, please review the following:
- Facility Rental Guidelines
- MSEEC Community Room Rental Fees
- Douglas Fir Community Room Floor Plan
- Facility Inspection Checklist: This form will be completed with Facility Staff during reservation.
The Environmental Education Center is open to the public from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily. Call 425-452-2565 before making a trip to ensure the Park Ranger is on site and the facility is available to view.
Ready to request a rental date? To reserve your rental, complete and send the following required documents to MSEECRental@bellevuewa.gov, fax to 425-452-7221, or mail to:
Parks Scheduling Office
PO Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
- Facility Use Request Form: this is your date/time request form. Be sure to sign it!
- MSEEC Supplemental Form: request for tables, chairs and other included equipment.
- Payment is required with request. We accept cash, check, VISA or MasterCard. To pay by credit card, complete a Credit Card Authorization Form.
You may also need to submit:
4. Indoor Facility Special Use Form: if you are intending to hire an outside company for catering, entertainment, etc.
View 360-degree photos of the Douglas Fir community room and kitchen.
Best viewed on desktop
Parking & Directions
Parking: There are only 10 parking spaces in the parking lot for MSEEC rentals, plus two ADA spaces. Carpools and shuttles are encouraged. The circular drive in front of the Douglas Fir building is available for guest drop-off. If your event starts after 4 p.m., additional parking may be available, but this is not guaranteed.