The City Council may honor constituents and organizations important to Bellevue with proclamations, commendations and welcomes to meetings. Requests for the following must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of your event to be accommodated.
- Proclamations to honor an organization with an honorary day, week or month;
- Commendations to honor an individual or organization for civic achievement; and
- Greetings welcome visitors to Bellevue meetings, conventions or special events.
Only one proclamation per year may be issued per individual or organization. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and not all requests can be accommodated, regardless of the timing. Proclamations generally are not offered for out-of-city events or for-profit causes. If we are unable to honor your request, we will let you know.
To submit a request for a proclamation, commendation or welcome letter, please send via email to CouncilOffice@bellevuewa.gov.
If you are requesting a proclamation, please submit a narrative that includes the following.
- Brief description of event or cause to be recognized
- Four to seven reasons event or cause deserves attention
- A call to action, explaining how Bellevue residents can support event or cause.
You can view an example of a proclamation.
If you are requesting a commendation, please submit a narrative that includes the following.
- the name of individual to be honored and their connection to Bellevue
- the individual's civic contributions or achievements to Bellevue
You can view an example of a commendation.
If you are requesting a welcome letter, please submit a narrative that includes the following.
- Name of organization coming to Bellevue
- Time of organization's arrival and reason for visit
- Organization's and/or event's relationship to Bellevue.
You can view an example of a welcome letter.