The Access Bellevue initiative is a collaborative communications effort to keep the public informed about East Link light rail and surrounding construction occurring in Bellevue.
110th Avenue NE: Full closure by City Hall and NE 6th Street
Beginning July 21, 2019, the northern portion of 110th Avenue NE between the City Hall visitor parking entrance and NE Sixth Street will be fully closed. Entering visitor parking can be made from the northbound direction of 110th Avenue NE; exiting is only allowed southbound.
This closure is needed to restore the roadway over the East Link tunnel and is expected to end by November 2019. The temporary mid-block crossing will be re-established along the construction fence line. Pedestrian access to City Hall is available via the accessibility ramp that leads to the second floor and the staggered steps that lead to the first floor.
Access Bellevue City Hall during light rail construction
Bellevue City Hall is an active construction zone for the East Link light rail project. Learn how to best access City Hall
- View/download brochure on how to access City Hall during light rail construction (July 2019)
- Watch time lapse video of construction of Bellevue Downtown Station.
Access Bellevue Communications Committee
In late 2016, the city formed the Access Bellevue Communications Committee as an information-sharing network. Representatives include large and small employers, transportation and transit agencies and business advocacy organizations. The committee is typically convened when there are significant construction updates to share that will present mobility impacts in and around Bellevue. Typically, Sound Transit provides an update on East Link light rail construction.
Access Bellevue mailer Jan. 2019
In January 2019, homes and businesses in Bellevue received a "Access Bellevue" mailer (booklet) that includes a recap and look ahead of East Link light rail construction, an update on city projects and initiatives in BelRed, a status of park improvements, and resource lists for businesses, neighborhoods and commuters.
Bellevue Traveler Information Survey Results
In July 2017, an online survey was conducted to find out how people who commute to/from Bellevue get traveler information about Bellevue.
- Slideshow - Overview of Bellevue Traveler Information survey results
- Bellevue Traveler Information Survey Report
Access Bellevue Resources
- BelRed Transformation - Transportation Projects Map (Aug2019)
- Access Bellevue Communications Plan for 2017-2018 (March 2017)
- Major projects map - city wide (Jan 2017)
- Sound Transit East Link construction alerts
- Bellevue Traffic Advisories
- Live traffic cameras in Bellevue
- Access Bellevue/East Link construction alerts
- City Office of Economic Development e-newsletter for construction alerts and other news