The City of Bellevue’s Transportation Department will be constructing a connection between the existing Downtown to Spring District Path and Eastrail. This project will improve access and connectivity for people who walk and roll in BelRed.
This project includes:
- A new 14-foot-wide paved trail between Eastrail and the existing Downtown to Spring District path on NE 12th Street
- A new trailhead mixing areas at Eastrail and NE 12th Street
- Trail lighting, irrigation, landscaping and other urban design elements
- Wetland mitigation and property restoration
The design for the work is 60% complete. Construction is tentatively scheduled for 2024 pending the completion of design and construction funding availability.
The design for this project is primarily funded by a grant from the Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC). The estimated cost is about $1.5 million. PSRC is the regional transportation, growth management and economic development planning agency for King, Pierce, Snohomish and Kitsap counties. More information about the organization can be found at PSRC.org.
- Project update mailer (April 2023)