The Bellevue College Connection project explores the feasibility of constructing a new transit connection through the campus on Snoqualmie River Road. A partnership between the City of Bellevue, King County Metro and Bellevue College, it has the potential to more efficiently serve the transportation needs of students, nearby residents and major employers.
An initial evaluation has shown that routing buses on Snoqualmie River Road could save riders as much as four minutes per trip compared with alternative routes. Preliminary design work to evaluate the project’s potential is expected to be completed in 2020.
Preliminary design work will evaluate different alignments for Snoqualmie River Road. Elements of the evaluation will include:
- Upgrades to support a balanced transportation corridor for all users: people who walk, drive, bicycle and ride transit
- Renovations to meet transit standards on Snoqualmie River Road, between SE 32nd Street and 145th Place SE
- Intersection improvements at SE 32nd Street and at 145th Place SE
The Bellevue College Connection project has the potential to:
- Improve north-south transit speed and reliability in Bellevue, from Downtown and Crossroads, through Bellevue College, to the Eastgate Park-and-Ride and Interstate 90
- Strengthen connections to the regional transportation network for all modes of travel
- Enhance access to the nearby Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail
- 2012-2017: Project concepts considered in various plans (see Background Materials section below)
- 2020: Complete preliminary design concepts (concepts will posted on this web page)
- 2020-2022: Pursue grants to complete design work and construct the project
Funding to develop a project design to the 10% level is being provided by the City of Bellevue, Department, King County Metro and Bellevue College. The estimated total cost for the preliminary design work is $227,000. This will help determine the full cost to build the project. Funds to complete the design work to 100% and construct the project will be sought through regional, state and federal grants.
- Project mailer (June 2020)
- Vicinity Map (June 2020)
- Bellevue College Campus Master Plan (2017)
- Metro Connects Plan (2017)
- Bellevue Transit Master Plan (2014)
- Early project overview (2014)
- Bellevue Transportation Strategies Report (2012)