We know COVID-19 has brought financial impact to some of our customers. Utilities will work with customers having difficulty paying their utility bill to set up payment plans or access available emergency financial assistance.
The state moratorium on water shut-offs for nonpayment has ended, but Utilities will continue to suspend water shut-offs and late fees through Dec. 31, 2021 to allow customers additional time to pay balances and/or set up payment plans.
To request a payment plan for your water, sewer and drainage bill, contact 425-452-6973 or email@example.com.
The City of Bellevue has several programs to help low-income persons living within the service area of Bellevue Utilities. Check below to see if you qualify for any. For more information, please call 425-452-5285 or email UtilityRelief@bellevuewa.gov.
Emergency Assistance Program
If you pay a Bellevue utility bill directly and are not eligible for the Utility Rate Discount Program, you may qualify for a 100 percent discount on a basic level of service (2021 benefit not to exceed $301 per bill) for up to 2 bills (4 months) of utility service charges* if you are experiencing a one-time financial shock that interferes with your household’s ability to cover basic needs.
There are no age or disability requirements. Certain residency and income requirements must be met. This assistance is available to customer once every 3 years. Please call 425-452-5285 to request an application.
*Some charges, such as capital recovery charges, cannot be waived.
- 2021 Emergency Assistance Program Guidelines
- Translated 2021 Emergency Assistance Program Guidelines (for reference only):
Utility Rate Relief
The City of Bellevue offers low–income seniors (62 and older) and low–income persons with permanent disabilities a discount on their basic utility costs for water, wastewater and drainage. Customers must meet specific residency and income guidelines.
Customers who are receiving home kidney dialysis treatments may qualify for a discount on the water and wastewater required to provide those medical treatments without an income requirement.
How to return applications:
Please note that due to COVID-19 restrictions, in-person appointments are not available at this time.
- Return your application by mail to:
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
- Submit your application electronically by emailing UtilityRelief@bellevuewa.gov and requesting access to a secure folder where you may upload your documents. Please do not email your application.
Utility Rate Discount
If you pay a Bellevue utility bill, you may qualify for a discount on your utility bills. This program has closed for this year's applications and will reopen February 1, 2022.
- 2021 Utility Rate Discount Guidelines and Application
- Translated 2021 Utility Rate Discount Guidelines and Application (for reference only)
Utility Rate Rebate
If your utility costs have been paid through rent or other third party, you may qualify for a rebate check on utility costs. This program has closed for this year's applications and will reopen April 1, 2022.
- 2021 Utility Rate Rebate Guidelines and Application
- Translated 2021 Utility Rate Rebate Guidelines and Application (for reference only)
Utility Tax Relief
This program provides utility occupation tax relief to low-income households within the Bellevue service area in the form of a rebate check from utility occupation taxes paid to the City which will be issued in December 2021. This program will be open Oct. 1–Nov. 12, 2021.
Applications and program guidelines will be available Oct. 1 and must be received by Bellevue Utilities no later than 4 p.m. on Nov. 12, 2021.
- 2021 Utility Tax Relief Rebate Guidelines and Application
- Translated 2021 Utility Rate Rebate Guidelines and Applications (for reference only)
Note: If you qualify for Utility Rate Relief, you automatically qualify for Utility Tax Relief.