Construction of a new single family residence or an addition greater than 3,000 square feet of new and/or replaced floor area. (BS)
This permit also includes:
- Clearing & grading
- Demolition work, if required
- Electrical (except temporary power)
- Mechanical (except fire protection)
- Right of way work on-site and in the public right of way
- Storm drainage connections
Contact a utilities representative for information about water and sewer services.
You must apply for this permit online through MyBuildingPermit. We will not accept paper applications or plans.
Learn more about our online permitting services.
The documents listed below are the minimum necessary to proceed with the application process. If you believe that a required submittal document does not apply to your project, please upload the Document Waiver Form in place of the required document. You may also print out a permit document list.
- Architectural Plan
- Boundary and Topographic Survey
- Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (CSWPPP)
- for projects with less than 7,000 square feet of clearing and less than 100 yards of grading, a CSWPPP Short Form for Small Construction Projects may be submitted.
- Site Plan
- also refer to Erosion and Sediment Control BMPs that are proposed in the CSWPPP.
- Storm Drainage Report
- Storm Water Site Plan
- Structural or Lateral Calculations
- Structural Plan
Project Specific Plan Requirements
These items may be required during plan review, as determined by the scope of your project.
- Adult Family Home Requirements
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria
- Critical Areas or Shoreline Land Use Permit
- Disconnection of Water/Sewer Service Form
- Geotechnical Report
- King County Health Department Approval
- required for installation of septic tanks or if the dwelling is served by a septic system, and if there is a private well on the property. During review, submit your approval in the form of a letter or stamped plan from the King County Health Department.
- Pool/Spa Plan
- Residential Energy Code Worksheet
- School Impact Fee Form
- Issaquah and Renton School Districts
- Title Report
Sites that are not platted require a title report to locate easements and verify legal status.
Submittal Information and Forms
- Contractor Registration
- Electronic Plan Requirements
- Electronic Review Efficiency
- Residential Stormwater Management Guidelines