The project addresses safety issues along this segment of 124h Avenue Northeast until additional funding becomes available. The measures include providing a mid-block crossing at Northeast 10th Place, installing light fixtures and improving access for people with disabilities. Ultimately, plans call for adding separated, multi-use paths on both sides of the street, landscaping, irrigation and drainage improvements and other upgrades.
Longterm, the project will provide pedestrian and bicycle access to the future light rail station at 120th Avenue Northeast. Its design will be compatible with nearby development.
- Summer 2020: Anticipated construction start and overlay work
- December 2018: Capital budget approved funding safety improvements
- October/November 2018: Present recommendations to City Council
- September/October 2018: Present recommendations to Transportation Commission
- September 2018: Survey results mailer sent
- August 2018: Survey residents
The project is only funded for the safety improvements and overlay work only.