- 124th Avenue NE between NE 12th Street to NE Spring Boulevard:
- Lane closures for signal work, new curbs and sidewalks continue through March. Delays are expected.
- Directional closures and lane shifts for final paving April 3-15. Delays are expected. Follow detours when in place. Access to driveways will be maintained. Pedestrian access will be maintained. Bicyclists will follow vehicular or pedestrian detour routes.
- NE District Way between 123rd and 124th avenues NE: Full road closure, April 5-6, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Pedestrian access will be maintained. Bicyclists will follow vehicular or pedestrian detour routes.
Project will widen 124th Avenue Northeast, from Northeast 12th Street to Northeast Spring Boulevard, to five lanes. The new configuration will include turn pockets or a center turn lane, and a pedestrian and bicycle facility on each side of the street, separated from vehicle traffic with a buffer. The project is being coordinated with the Spring District and other developments in the area.
It's expected this project will improve connectivity and circulation, support economic development and provide pedestrian and bicycle access to the future Spring District/120th light rail station. The design also will be compatible with surrounding development.
- 2023: Construction completion anticipated
- 2017: Funding finalized through a Federal Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan from the U.S. Department of Transportation
The total project budget is $21.3 million and will be partially funded through a federal TIFIA loan and Transportation Improvement Board. Approved 2021-2027 Capital Investment Program Budget Sheet.
- Construction alert (December 2022)
- Updated construction alert (December 2021)
- Construction alert (October 2021)
- Roadway cross-section diagram
- Pedestrian-bicycle configuration