The project is near completion. Once permits are issued, the remaining work, including the southbound bike path and sidewalk, will be completed in the coming months by the Spring District developer. View our latest project update video.
The project will widen 124th Avenue Northeast, from Northeast 12th Street to Northeast Spring Boulevard, to five lanes. The new configuration will include turn pockets or a center turn lane, and a pedestrian and bicycle facility on each side of the street, separated from vehicle traffic with a buffer. This project is being coordinated with the Spring District and other developments in the area, including the southbound bicycle and pedestrian facilities the developer will build.
It's expected this project will improve connectivity and circulation, support economic development and provide pedestrian and bicycle access to the future Spring District/120th light rail station. The design also will be compatible with surrounding development.
- Fall 2023: Construction completion anticipated
- 2017: Funding finalized through a Federal Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan from the U.S. Department of Transportation
The total project budget is $21.3 million and will be partially funded through a federal TIFIA loan and Transportation Improvement Board.
- Construction alert (December 2022)
- Updated construction alert (December 2021)
- Construction alert (October 2021)
- Roadway cross-section diagram
- Pedestrian-bicycle configuration