This section of improvements to 124th Avenue Northeast will complete improvements from Ichigo Way (formerly Northeast 18th Street) to Northup Way, The roadway will be raised and widened. Upgrades include a multi-purpose pathway on the west side of the road, between Northeast 16th Street and Ichigo Way. The five-lane roadway will have sidewalks and landscaped planters on both sides. The project is being developed in coordination with private developments, the East Link light rail project, and other regional projects.
The 124th Avenue Northeast project will enhance access and circulation for cars, transit, freight, pedestrians and bicycles between Downtown Bellevue, Wilburton, and the BelRed area. It will accommodate future growth and new land uses in the area. and ensure coordinated design, implementation and appropriate cost sharing with the East Link light rail project.
- 2022-2023: Construction anticipated to begin
- 2017: Funding finalized through a Federal Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan from the U.S. Department of Transportation
Total project budget of $33.1 million is partially funded by a Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan
- Electrical tower replacement/monopole installation construction alert (Sept. 2020)
- Roadway cross section diagram
- Urban design elements diagram