Job site: Various parks
Length of commitment: Varies
Reports to: Park Ranger
Work Environment: Trail system - Bellevue Parks & Community Services
Age: Must be 18 or older
Background check required: Yearly
Assist with park monitoring, maintenance and reporting. Report garbage overflow and trail conditions, remove graffiti, clean signs and report vandalism and other potential safety hazards or issues. Work closely with park rangers to ensure our parks continue to provide safe and healthy recreational opportunities for all. If you enjoy Bellevue parks and want to help maintain and/or improve them, or you walk or hike a park regularly, this opportunity is perfect for you.
- Patrol City parks for two hours each week.
- Report vandalism, graffiti, issues and safety hazards to park rangers.
- Respond appropriately in case of an emergency.
- Report findings to City staff and Park Rangers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Able to visit city parks and facilities frequently.
To learn more or to apply, please contact the park ranger at Parks_Stewardship@bellevuewa.gov
The City of Bellevue provides volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference and/or disability. If you need an ADA modification to participate in this program because of a disability, please contact us at Parks_Stewardship@BellevueWA.gov or 425-452-4195 (voice).