The City of Bellevue is now welcoming applications from those interested in joining the Bellevue Diversity Advisory Network (BDAN). BDAN supports and guides the city’s relationships with diverse communities in Bellevue. The application is available online and must be completed online, emailed or postmarked by 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 20.
Bellevue embraces diversity as a major asset positively impacting the community’s economy, culture and education. In 2014, the City Council adopted the Diversity Advantage Initiative and incorporated diversity into the city’s vision statement that begins, “Bellevue welcomes the world. Our diversity is our strength.”
BDAN members are appointed by the City Manager, Brad Miyake, and provide important counsel to the City Manager and city departments. The panel shares feedback and insight on issues relevant to communities in Bellevue as a way to increase equity, access and inclusion.
The city is looking for a wide range of representation on the panel. Applicants must:
• Work or live in Bellevue;
• Have cultural connections and knowledge of the city’s diverse population;
• Possess a willingness, curiosity and interest in bridging cultural gaps to strengthen community;
• Be prepared to volunteer a minimum of two to four hours a month, including monthly meetings; and
• Be willing to serve a minimum of two years on the board.
Additional information about activities and meetings is available on the BDAN web page. For questions or to request hard copy applications, please contact Yuriana Garcia Tellez, diversity outreach and engagement administrator, (email@example.com or 425-452-7886).