The Bellevue Diversity Advisory Network is made up of a diverse group of 21 members who provide counsel to the city on how to better reach, serve, communicate and collaborate with Bellevue’s diverse communities. BDAN advises the City Council and city staff. Meeting monthly, with members appointed by the city manager, BDAN has the following duties:
- Collect community feedback to help assess city services from a cultural competency lens
- Engage in cross-cultural dialogue focused on diversity issues
- Provide feedback and insight on issues relevant to communities in Bellevue
- Support mobilization and coordination to diversity-related national and local events warranting a city response
The group was selected and formed in October 2016. Members must meet the following requirements:
- Work or live in Bellevue
- Have cultural connections and knowledge of Bellevue's diverse population
- Possess a willingness, curiosity and interest in bridging cultural gaps to strengthen community.
Jingdong (JD) Yu
Marguerite (Margie) Ye
Angela De La Hoz
Meetings are wheelchair-accessible. Captioning, American Sign Language and language interpreters are available upon request. Please phone at least 48 hours in advance 425-452-7886 (voice). If you are deaf or hard of hearing, dial 711 (TR). Assisted-listening devices are available upon request.