The Bellevue Diversity Advisory Network is made up of a diverse group of 21 members who provide counsel to the city on how to better reach, serve, communicate and collaborate with Bellevue’s diverse communities.
Meeting monthly, with members appointed by the city manager, BDAN has the following duties:
- Offer input on matters brought forth by the City Manager, city staff and departments
- Participate in initiatives that foster equity, inclusion and access
- Provide culturally responsive advisement on how to engage our various communities
- Support linguistically diverse communities to help disseminate pertinent information, receive feedback, understand needs, and relay opportunities
- Act as a bridge and champion for diversity efforts happening throughout the City
- Explore the opportunities and challenges in regard to diversity
Members must meet the following requirements:
- Work or live in Bellevue;
- Have cultural connections and knowledge of the city’s diverse population;
- Possess a willingness, curiosity and interest in bridging cultural gaps to strengthen community;
- Volunteer two to four hours a month, including monthly network meetings; must be able to serve a two-year term.
2018- 2020 Members
Seema Bahl, Sapan Parekh, Quiana Ross, Nahyeli Mendivil, Angela De La Hoz, Guang-an Wu (GW), Liena Ugarova, Adnan Siddiquie
2019 – 2021 Reappointed Members
Aisha Kabani, Alaric Bien, Eloisa Tran, Haruka Kojima, Jennifer Karls, Marguerite (Margie) Ye, Mohamed Bakr
2019 – 2021 New Members
Diane Li, Karia Wong, Philip Peterson, Sarim Bhatti
Meetings are now being held online via Zoom, please contact Yuriana Garcia Tellez at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the meeting or submit public comment.
Captioning, American Sign Language and language interpreters are available upon request. Please phone at least 48 hours in advance 425-452-7886 (voice). If you are deaf or hard of hearing, dial 711 (TR). Assisted-listening devices are available upon request.